• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My second OC'ing project. FX 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks darn good there "poco" and thanks for the informative spread sheet of Volts and Temps. That is how a journey should look for those that come later.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Looks like you have a good lil chip there poco, 4.8 on an AIO cooler is not shabby at all. Welcome to the rodeo! :D

Most definately an RC candidate!! Looks like we may have some competition coming Manny, we got Poco and Priller, just might make some interesting competition soon. Although I think Priller is already lost to the cold god !!
EDIt, I almost forgot about Hilight he's already prowling the 5.5 mark!
The competition just puts the fire back in my belly. :) That 9370k hilight has makes me want to get one. It sure seems to be a purdy chip!

I am thinking somthing like THIS would be a nice tidy and clean package for cooling a processor. Have it run through a radiator first and that baby would chill it down some more.

Most definately an RC candidate!! Looks like we may have some competition coming Manny, we got Poco and Priller, just might make some interesting competition soon. Although I think Priller is already lost to the cold god !!
EDIt, I almost forgot about Hilight he's already prowling the 5.5 mark!

I have no idea what you are talking about. :D

Attachments

• DICEB55.jpg
    DICEB55.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 56
I am thinking somthing like THIS would be a nice tidy and clean package for cooling a processor. Have it run through a radiator first and that baby would chill it down some more.

Seems like a friend of mine and I looked into those years ago. It's been so long now, I don't remember exactly what we decided, but it seems like we found out they probably wouldn't work all that well...I think we decided there were more cost effective ways to cool things down...

BTW congrats on the nice overclock

Last edited:
Poco, truth be told if you're really planning on pushing the 8350, that chiller probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the heat the the 8350 puts out. I'm talking purely for benching and such, you be better off filling a cooler with ice packs and run a loop through it like Johan has. Other options include hanging radiators out the window when winter comes around again. There's nothing like benching with -10 to -15c water running through the loop. Then there's what Priller posted, a pot and DICE/LN2!

Yes, at only 2000 BTU they probably could not keep up, but may prolong it. I agree, the cooler with ice packs and a loop is far more cost effective. Rgone was telling me about that setup too. I may just do that.

Here are the next steps. I went to 4.94 ghz and 5.02 ghz. I just did my selection of benches, no prime. I will never run these for anything more than benching anyway so I did not feel the need to test prime. I only took CPU-z and HW monitor shots for 5 ghz and as you can see the voltage is peaking to the limit of my comfort zone so any attempt at 5.1 will more than likely be at the current voltage and no higher. It did pass all of the benches with no issues so far....

Attachments

• XLS.PNG
    XLS.PNG
    38.3 KB · Views: 57
  • CPUZ 1.PNG
    CPUZ 1.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 56
  • CPUZ 2.PNG
    CPUZ 2.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 56
  • CPUZ 3.PNG
    CPUZ 3.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
  • HWM.PNG
    HWM.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 55
Rgone requested this. My P states-

# of P-States 7
P-State FID 0x1A - VID 0x0A - IDD 13 (21.00x - 1.425 V)
P-State FID 0x19 - VID 0x0C - IDD 13 (20.50x - 1.400 V)
P-State FID 0x18 - VID 0x12 - IDD 12 (20.00x - 1.325 V)
P-State FID 0x12 - VID 0x1A - IDD 10 (17.00x - 1.225 V)
P-State FID 0xC - VID 0x22 - IDD 8 (14.00x - 1.125 V)
P-State FID 0x5 - VID 0x2C - IDD 5 (10.50x - 1.000 V)
P-State FID 0x10C - VID 0x36 - IDD 4 (7.00x - 0.875 V)

Yes, at only 2000 BTU they probably could not keep up, but may prolong it. I agree, the cooler with ice packs and a loop is far more cost effective. Rgone was telling me about that setup too. I may just do that.

Here are the next steps. I went to 4.94 ghz and 5.02 ghz. I just did my selection of benches, no prime. I will never run these for anything more than benching anyway so I did not feel the need to test prime. I only took CPU-z and HW monitor shots for 5 ghz and as you can see the voltage is peaking to the limit of my comfort zone so any attempt at 5.1 will more than likely be at the current voltage and no higher. It did pass all of the benches with no issues so far....

# of P-States 7

Man that's a nice chip you have there :thup:

# of P-States 7

I agree that looks like a very good processor. My 20.00x is 1.375V. Others in here have even higher. Mine clocks good and some with a little better than my 1.375V don't clock very well. It is still the luck of the draw after getting the pretty voltages. Hehehe.

I saw one FX-8350 with a 20.00x of 1.295 V and it it would NOT clock any beyond 4.8Ghz with up to 1.6V. I saw another that is 1.315v that will game on water at 5.0Ghz albeit with a full on w/c loop.

So yes a pretty darn good piece of silicon with just an AiO cooler to bust that 4.8Ghz P95 Blend stable.
RGone...ster.

I've never seen one of those before , kinda neat but not sure it would be feasible without a large resevoir to cool.

I have no idea what you are talking about. :D

When are we gonna see some numbers ??

I agree that looks like a very good processor. My 20.00x is 1.375V. Others in here have even higher. Mine clocks good and some with a little better than my 1.375V don't clock very well. It is still the luck of the draw after getting the pretty voltages. Hehehe.

I saw one FX-8350 with a 20.00x of 1.295 V and it it would NOT clock any beyond 4.8Ghz with up to 1.6V. I saw another that is 1.315v that will game on water at 5.0Ghz albeit with a full on w/c loop.

So yes a pretty darn good piece of silicon with just an AiO cooler to bust that 4.8Ghz P95 Blend stable.
RGone...ster.

The VIDs can be a good indication of a chips possible performance but we have seen some odd ducks that's for sure.

Hey look Mr Clean's chip has a sibling! :D

I have to giggle a bit poco, I keep seeing ok I think that this will be good for 24/7 and then you push higher. It didn't take long for you to become a full fledged overclocking nut! :D

Gonester maybe you can EDIT the pstates and add poco's to the list?

#2. > mR. Clean >> Shows to run daily at 4.7Ghz. Nice Freeken CPU speed here for daily use. Nice.

RGone did mention something about a Rodeo Clown in traing, you know visions of GHz dancing in your head.

I just need better cooling and I will push it higher. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? Not like 8350's are hard to find :)

I already mentioned to my wife that I may have a cooler full if ice water next to my computer sometime in the near future. She just rolled her eyes. I guess that means yes !!

That would be my interpretation of that but I may not be the best one to take advice from when it come to the female language. I'm still a novice at that.

Gonester maybe you can EDIT the pstates and add poco's to the list? EDITTED

Well you never really know with whom you are dealing until you spend some time with them. I was laying out a fluid routing with "poco" late last night and about 6 mins or so into hashing the routing out he said...you really would need to do it this way. Vi freeken OLA. Dang right "poco". I had just put the freeken cart up in front of the pony. Oh well, live and learn. HEhehe.

Let me just say that "poco" is sort of like me in that he is HEAVY into video editting. It was for this reason that personally I was hoping to see him reach 4.8Ghz P95 B stable. My rig is a freeken D-11 dozer with double ground rippers doing V-editting at 4.8Ghz. Really pleased his "like unto mR. Clean's cpu", did in fact do the 4.8Ghz P95 B stable with Ai0 cooler.

There are other special considerations that must be met with "poco's" rig and it is those considerations that will determine the direction of further CoLd mods. Do also remember that he JUST go here. Hehehe. I doubt he had any IDEA what he was facing when he walked in the doors of this forum section. A party of freeken RC boyz. Hehehe. :rofl::clap: RC boyz. Now that is making me smile.
RGone...sterzzzzzzzzzz:salute: :chair:

We may have to make up some new flyers but there's always room for more.

cooler full if ice water next to my computer sometime in the near future. She just rolled her eyes. I guess that means yes !! "poco242"

That would be my interpretation of that but I'm still a novice at that. "Johan45"

By golly I think we may have gotten it correct. I just read those two phrases to my wife and she TOO rolled her eyes. I think it is safe to say that rolled eyes, must really mean YES. Hehehe.
RGone...sterskizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back