• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My setup is on the way...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zagi

Well, parts are on the way.. Here's a quick rundown on what I ended up with.

CPU Block

Rad

Reservoir

Compression Fittings

Bought a good condition Swiftec (relabeled d5 vario) from the classies here...

I also wound up getting the braided stainless hose.. so we'll see how that goes. Should all be here within a week. And oh ya, enough carbon fiber twill to build a SWEET rad enclosure :beer: Will post youtube video's of the setup. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

glad to hear you got your stuff. cant wait for pics.

guess you don't need a pm for when my pump goes for sale :) i think your video card needs cooling lol.

guess you don't need a pm for when my pump goes for sale :) i think your video card needs cooling lol.

Sorry about that.. I actually did feel a little bad. But I found an offer I couldnt refuse (where have I heard that... hmmm?)

I think my video cards need cooling too.. I just cant convince the tax man to give me a bigger refund :).. oh well...

Wow, Jab-Tech is awesome.. my first box was at my door less than 48 hours from when I clicked "Checkout" :eek: Standard shipping... Are they located in Oklahoma?

Yup, they're in Oklahoma. For me, in Austin, I get all my stuff within 2 or 3 days, tops. I try to order from them when I can because of this and the fact that their prices are incredible.

Awesome... you know what city? If its close enough I might just drop by the shop next time :burn:

jab tech is excellent i get my stuff in 1 day always,i'm in lawton.bad thing is the tax.
petras gets here super fast as well.

Ya all of my Petra's and Performance PC stuff arrived today. All I lack now is the steel hose from Paragon, some extra fans from Newegg, and the carbon fiber from ACP Composites. The cf is going to be the last item to arrive (Tuesday)...which is too bad because I need it before I can really start working on anything else...

Ran into a bit of an issue as I tried to put the compression fittings in the CPU block.. As it turns out, the holes for the fittings on the Alphacool Yellowstone are INSANELY close together.

So close in fact, that nothing I purchased would fit... incredibly enough, not even the INCLUDED barbs were compatible! :eek:

I emailed performance-pcs about the issue. They asked for a photo, and within the very same hour, emailed me back saying they would ship out a couple of danger den barbs which they knew would fit. Great customer service! :attn:

THUMBNAIL
th_100_2177.jpg

Ran into a bit of an issue as I tried to put the compression fittings in the CPU block.. As it turns out, the holes for the fittings on the Alphacool Yellowstone are INSANELY close together.

So close in fact, that nothing I purchased would fit... incredibly enough, not even the INCLUDED barbs were compatible! :eek:

I emailed performance-pcs about the issue. They asked for a photo, and within the very same hour, emailed me back saying they would ship out a couple of danger den barbs which they knew would fit. Great customer service! :attn:

THUMBNAIL
th_100_2177.jpg

That's a first will never buy from those sumbeatch again.....

Well, I measure a company's customer service by how well they fix a problem. Sounds like Performance-pcs did you well. I'm surprised that Alphacool included barbs that did not fit their own product. :eek::screwy:

Subscribed.

Last edited:
as i thought, they don't included barbs and performance pcs gives the option for barbs. so they sent the wrong ones.

Included in delivery:
Blister Retail packing, thermal compound, instructions and mounting screws

This waterblock is a nightmare...

The Danger Den barbs arrived and are installed..BARELY They touch each other, but they DO fit. However, the tubing doesn't fit, it will slip over one barb, but the wall of the tubing is flush up against the other barb. NO room for the other hose to be installed. BRICKWALL! :bang head.

WHERE... do I go from here??? I really dont want to find out I wasted $100 on a waterblock that I cant use. Surely someone here has used this block before. What am I missing?

You know if those will fit side by side on the block? Cause those first 45 degree compression fittings a had wouldn't. I think the brand was TFC...

That's a really poor design on that block. Surely they tried fitting barbs to it before they built it.

Back