• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My setup is on the way...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well... more fittings are on their way and more dough is leaving my pocket... This whole ordeal didnt really leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling about performance-pcs. Call me crazy, but if a store is selling a water block, and their website has an option that says, "1/2" barbs for 1/2" ID tube" Shouldnt 1/2" tubing actually WORK with the product???? ... :screwy:

Yes it should, or they should be issuing you a full refund.....

Personally would have been on the phone with the manager and told him so the first time.

Well... more fittings are on their way and more dough is leaving my pocket... This whole ordeal didnt really leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling about performance-pcs. Call me crazy, but if a store is selling a water block, and their website has an option that says, "1/2" barbs for 1/2" ID tube" Shouldnt 1/2" tubing actually WORK with the product???? ... :screwy:

Your 1/2 ID tubing fit just fine. Your fat 3/4 OD tubing is the issue.:eek:

Probably an oversight. They have fittings listed on all the blocks. I'm sure your frustrated, but it's better than buying a Dell. Modding and customizing anything has it's drawbacks and it's learning curves. Now you know. :confused:

Sorry we were not of more help and didn't catch that, but I hadn't seen anyone decide to use that block and at that crazy high price I can see why.

3/4OD tubing is very very fat. My DTEK V1 with 1/2 3/4 OD tubing was very tough to get the clamps on, the space was very very tight.

Live n learn.:)

I'm sure your frustrated, but it's better than buying a Dell.

HA! Thats too true... I'll admit that buying this cpu block was a huge mistake... I was suckered in by the looks and the promise of compatibility for 775 and 1366. However with the extra fittings, its wound up costing me $120... Most definitely, not worth it IMHO... regardless of how well it performs...

With the exception of the @#*$&!! Cpu block... the rest of the build is progressing nicely... I've finished modifying the case to run hoses. Fabricated an aluminum stand for the rad, and I'm about to start wetting out carbon fiber and fiberglass for the enclosure. I have plenty of build pics that I'll post soon.

I'm going to wait on the video until the desktop is back up.. I dont feel like waiting hours for my poor little dell laptop to encode video...:)

I personally wouldn't have recommended buying MORE stuff from the very same company that screwed him over. The wiser thing to do would've been to simply return the block and ask for a full refund and an Apogee GTZ.

If this next shipment doesn't work out for the poor guy he'll just have a collection of barbs, a useless waterblock, and be out about 200 bucks in the process.

I kinda agree. But it's up to the op. We didn't give him guidance on not buying the wrong block to start with. Otherwise, he seems to have it worked out. I'm sure there are plenty of refernces to other WC stores in the forums and Google for him to make his decision.

The OP, by his posts here has been just learning about WC for less than 30 days. Mistakes will happen, trying to rush a WC rig and learn all the goodies in that amount of time means mistakes.

Not dissing you Zagi, just making a point.

He can always sell it, and be out much less than $200.

The OP, by his posts here has been just learning about WC for less than 30 days. Mistakes will happen, trying to rush a WC rig and learn all the goodies in that amount of time means mistakes.

Not dissing you Zagi, just making a point.

No offense taken... Every time I get the project bug (be it computers, RC, guns, etc...) I always windup behind schedule and over budget... How fitting I plan on working for the government when I'm out of school **bah dum tish** :beer:

Rahter than do the leak test with my good power supply.. I picked up a used 200w for $5.

My question is, will it hurt the power supply to run it with the green-black short overnight? Dont wanna wake up in the middle of the night smelling burned PSU... lol

Also, the bitspower barbs arrived today. Everything fits just fine now... The waterblock from hell has been tamed.

Rahter than do the leak test with my good power supply.. I picked up a used 200w for $5.

My question is, will it hurt the power supply to run it with the green-black short overnight? Dont wanna wake up in the middle of the night smelling burned PSU... lol

Also, the bitspower 45degree fittings arrived today. Everything fits just fine now... The waterblock has finally been tamed.

No real danger as long as the leads don't touch. I've run them overnight a few times like that with no real issue.

there is no issues as your motherboard shorts the leads (green and black) when ever your computer is on otherwise it would shut off :)

Well, heres a few pics of whats going on so far...

CPU Block with new fittings
100_2217.jpg

Pump Installed
100_2220.jpg

Everything in the case... Mounting bracket for reservior isnt in the picture.
100_2222.jpg

Will post pics of the Radiatior and Enclosure once the enclosure is finished...Should be tomorow or day after.

Res needs to be before and above the pump bro. it looks like you have it before, have you just not raised it up yet?

fancy!! looks nice. the sleeving is metal or plastic?

Real braided steel over silver coated tygon :beer: Totaly overkill.. Completely awesome...
hose.jpg

Res needs to be before and above the pump bro. it looks like you have it before, have you just not raised it up yet?

It is above the pump, as seen in that first pic. I took the bracket out in the second pic to go paint it. :thup:

Leak test is started... 10 minutes in and dry so far.. I'll let it run for ~36 hours unless ya'll say otherwise.

Dice I love the pump... the cheapo power supply is 10x louder than the pump itself. If it wasnt for all the bubbles flying around in the res, I wouldnt have known it was running... Awesome.

I was running it around 3... But I cranked it up to 5 to check. Not really sure what I should be looking for... it has kind of a mechanical "hum" which feels appropriate for the RPM. But its not shaking or anything like that. Why?

Also, not really related to the question. Just general info... I did my best when laying out the loop to keep the tubing as short as possible. It worked out to ~40" of tubing. Thats not bad eh? :)

EDIT: I know it hasnt been running for very long, but I think I have all the air out of the loop now. I've slowly tipped it every which way except upside down, and its stopped pushing any bubbles through the reservoir.

Last edited:
Back