• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My setup is on the way...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
res bleeding is quick.

for cpu only loop length doesn't make a huge deal, but well done.

i ask because i got the d5 vario to replace that d4 i was going to sell to you and at setting 5 it vibrates the case and desk its on. i have it on setting 4 and its fine now. it might be the mount i guess.

No leaks, but I just realized I'm an idiot... I have the in-out flow backwards on the CPU block. How critical is this? I really dont feel like swapping the tubes... but I will if I have to...

No offense taken... Every time I get the project bug (be it computers, RC, guns, etc...) I always windup behind schedule and over budget... How fitting I plan on working for the government when I'm out of school **bah dum tish** :beer:

Don't worry about it, dude. I've been water cooling for a good while, and I still pull a boner or two from time to time. Your barb problem has a lot to do with the way the industry works. Perhaps one day, when millions upon millions of people custom water cool the OEM's will be afraid to make mistakes like the one you experienced. Again, don't sweat it, just try to learn a lesson.

i ask because i got the d5 vario to replace that d4 i was going to sell to you and at setting 5 it vibrates the case and desk its on. i have it on setting 4 and its fine now. it might be the mount i guess.

Hey Spawn, if you want the added pressure from that D5, try mounting it on industrial Velcro.

@ spawn inc
you could do like i did and use some rubberwashers between the pump and chassi
so far i haven't heard any vibrationsounds from mine no matter what setting i have it on
only thing i can hear is a quiet hum if i put my ear close to it
@ zagi
love those steelbraided hoses you got there
how was they to mount and to cut off where the clamps are
i take it you removed the braiding where the clamps are

First post with the new loop. Just one video card for now with no hard disk...barebones

Temps after 15 minutes at idle @3.2ghz Ambient 78 Fahrenheit
100_2232.jpg

The loop itself... Rad pics to come. Promise... lol
100_2228.jpg

I've noticed, without the air from the zalman blowing over the mosfets, they are absolutely baking...Other than the video card they are easily the hottest thing in the case. Hotter even than the northbridge.

love those steelbraided hoses you got there
how was they to mount and to cut off where the clamps are
i take it you removed the braiding where the clamps are

Actually, its regular tygon with steel sleeve over it. I used heatshrink around the ends of the braid to give it a nice clean look. So yes, there is no braiding around the hose where it actually clamps down around the barb or compression fitting. Cuts easily with kitchen shears. Dont stick your fingers in the ends.. its woven exactly like Chinese handcuffs... ask me how i know XD

Link to the sleeve.. its actually pretty cheap. Use 7/8" diameter for 1/2" hose.
http://paragonperformance.com/Techflex.html

Last edited:
Leak test is started... 10 minutes in and dry so far.. I'll let it run for ~36 hours unless ya'll say otherwise.

Dice I love the pump... the cheapo power supply is 10x louder than the pump itself. If it wasnt for all the bubbles flying around in the res, I wouldnt have known it was running... Awesome.

Glad to hear it! May it serve you well, Zagi.:beer:

Just ran a 1 hour load test with OCCT...

CPU peaked at 42... which is at least 25 degrees lower than my zalman...:beer: Love this setup. Temps sound about right to everyone? The radiator enclosure SHOULD be finished tomorrow. Rain/Humidity canceled my painting plans for today....

Its fully functional... But not all of the bling is there yet. So I'm putting off the pics a little... SRY!!! Ya'll must hate me now, I've put off posting a full picture series how long now? :shrug:

Last edited:
Hey Spawn, if you want the added pressure from that D5, try mounting it on industrial Velcro.

so your saying the vibrations will get cancelled out in the velco right.

at first i thought you meant that by simply changing the mounting it will make the pump work better lol.

@ spawn inc
you could do like i did and use some rubberwashers between the pump and chassi
so far i haven't heard any vibrationsounds from mine no matter what setting i have it on
only thing i can hear is a quiet hum if i put my ear close to it

my other one is mounted with the foam pad bolted to a chunk of wood. the wood is snuggly fit into the case, but not screwed down or anything.

with my second pump i started with a D4 i got and it had no pad. after finding the pump loud i got another d5 and rather then take out the whole pump (its very difficult because i have the pump so close to my gpu block and its 7/16" tubing with fat boys so it was very hard to get on and in) i just replaced the motor only, not the housing/top.

working setting 4 it's fine. the next time i drain the loop i will be switching the vario with the basic so the cpu will get more flow. but thats for the help guys.

so your saying the vibrations will get cancelled out in the velco right.

at first i thought you meant that by simply changing the mounting it will make the pump work better lol.

Exactly. Yeah, it would be sweet if you could end up with better performance from a pump that way. ;)

Back