• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
msi is good, I don't buy firm them alot. but everything I got from them was nice.
as for intel, well the last a long time. but they're not the best for a enthusiast build.

more server or home system side.

would i be able to at least change the clock speed to something like 4.2ghz? and whihc was the last board you tried from them?

i heard they have marvell controlelrs on their boards and that they are bad. i but ill get them if they have the intel NIC and Sata controller (ill ignore or maybe toy with marvell)

the only time i would ever do some serious overclocking is if i got another board for my test bench. but if its for my main then i would use intel boards as long as they are stable, can overclock to 4.2ghz (thats the only thing i plan to change), use crossfire, intel srt, and it would really make my day if it also had an Intel NIC. best nics i have ever used.

Most boards have Intel SATA controllers and Marvell as their alternate... you dont want to use an SSD on the Marvell controllers, I can tell you that.

For example I looked at the nicer ASUS boards, but they started putting crap like WiFI cards on them something I def dont want. (or want to pay for more specifically).

Who builds an uber leet pc then runs wireless? NOBODY I know..

I DO :D ... any way the ASUS ROG boards are good for overclocking...atleaset that is what I have heard

yeah but im not going to buy something that i use for some internet surfing and "highest setting" gaming. i wanted to get an intel board because i felt it was stable but i was unsure about it after reading some reviews of it not being a stable board. i just want something that can run just fine for 5 years. i would get an ASUS ROG if i had the money for the graphics cards, memory, and other sorts. but all i have are two 7870s, 8gb of ram, an empty case, a board in a box with in RMA form, pictures and a letter.

if i did have the money for an Asus ROG board, i woudl also have the money for the quad crossfire graphic card setup, the fast and expensive ram, water cooling, case with shiny lights, etc, but i dont have the money for it. but did i also mention that i do not like asus? either its the area i live in (arizona) , or we just dont get along.

but even if i had the money for something expensive as an Asus ROG board, i would still use it to buy from a different manufacture like Gigabyte or Asrock (if they dont kill my trust here) or MSI.

the boards i got along with well are biostar, intel, tyan, supermicro, and abit. as for asrock, i dont know. this is the first time asrock has done this twice. the friend ship that i have with asrock just makes me want to turn away and look for another good manufacture to get boards from.

btw the way i kept coming back and forth editing this post so i hope you can make sense of it. if you cant, then im sorry.stay happy fan of asus.

Back