• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help OC'ing Amd x2 4000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i checked the link dude thanks a lot i cant buy from there though because im in the philippines but atleast thanks to you i know what to look for here
Have an online store there with a decent selection of parts? :)

Corsair GX series are decent values, so are Antec EarthWatts :)

unfortunately not at the moment i got a new psu still a little edgy when playing RE 5 but decent enough to work without extra fans

after a few days of thought i decided to dump the whole amd x2 thingy and will be buying a new rig tomorrow which is better amd a4 procie or an i5?

An i5, hands down. Sandy Bridge 2500k but a little more pricey than an a4.

great thanks trents il take that and go to town with it id figured that if im goin to spend on a rig id maximise my budget as much as possible. pity that an i7 is a bit off the top right now so il just settle for an i5 like you said

I used to own that board and chip and can likely get you to 4Ghz once you get your hardware straightened out. One thing the NB on that board runs terribly hot put a fan on it.

i will check it pretty soon because as of now im really hating my rig. it used to work just fine before the psu breakdown thingy now its like crap. cant even play re 5 on lowest setting even arcania gothic 4

oh and one of the fans have been giving me strange hums though i only have 3 fans in right now. (cpu fan,exhaust and the one with the gpu) al because the crappy psu i got cant even run right with external fans

oh and one of the fans have been giving me strange hums though i only have 3 fans in right now. (cpu fan,exhaust and the one with the gpu) al because the crappy psu i got cant even run right with external fans

Sounds like an upgrade to reliable parts is in your future. :)

any feed back regarding the VGA that i just got i dont know if its any good. tried playing skyrim on my amd x2 with this new vid card on medium settings as detected and it worked fine, unlike when playing re 5 that laggs and hangs

The new 210 GPU you just got should be reliable but will be very inadequate for playing most computer games. It will be fine for surfing the net and doing email and word processing and other common business tasks.

you mean it wont be enough? which is beter for games the 9400gt or this and is it posible to use both at the same time

Neither a 9400gt or a 210 will be any good for modern computer games. Those are very old video cards and no, they cannot work together in tandem. What computer games do you wish to play?

Who advised you to buy a Geforce 210 anyway?

Perhaps these links will help you get some perspective on the relative power of various GPUs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units

To get a video card that begins to have the power to play modern computer games you need to move into the Geforce 460 gtx range or the AMD 577x range or a price range of around a $100 US.

Last edited:
i see i was planning on playing max payne 3 and so on when i get my i5 gues il get anthr vga card when that comes. and a new psu too

Back