• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help OC'ing Amd x2 4000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
heres the screenies from the test at stock speeds

Attachments

• Program Manager_2012-06-18_14-01-50.png
    Program Manager_2012-06-18_14-01-50.png
    40 KB · Views: 52
Tomas, those core temps are quite high. Any higher might ruing the processor. Try running the Prime95 test again with HWMonitor open but this time with the case open so as to allow the warm air to escape better and for the CPU cooler fan to have access to more fresh air.

yes as i noticed too i have been scrolling through the other threads here and i found that other people's temps are way lower than what i am seeing (around 35c - 37c on idle). i almost resulted in placing a bowl with ice in front of the fan but i will try what you said and will post the results

can this also be because the fans in my unit (exhaust and intake) for the system unit is too small?

update i opened the lid kept it open about an inch or two away from the body and i even pointed a house fan to it to improve circulation but it aint goin down

Sounds like you have 'poor' contact between the cpu cooler and the top of the cpu or the cooler is not working well.

Piggybacking on what RGone said Tomas, if I were you I would redo the thermal paste with some good TIM like Arctic Silver 5. It can be a cheap fix. Also, if you have been running that computer for some time the heatsink could be clogged with dust, thereby reducing its cooling efficiency. Compressed air is the best thing to clean it with but make sure you don't let the fan spin with the air jet as the high speed spin will ruin the bearings.

Piggybacking on what RGone said Tomas, if I were you I would redo the thermal paste with some good TIM like Arctic Silver 5. It can be a cheap fix. Also, if you have been running that computer for some time the heatsink could be clogged with dust, thereby reducing its cooling efficiency. Compressed air is the best thing to clean it with but make sure you don't let the fan spin with the air jet as the high speed spin will ruin the bearings.

Every last word "trents" said. If you your cpu cooler is one of those plain aluminum things, I usually stick them in the dishwasher since most canned compressed air will not get all the crud out of those solid aluminum fins. The dishwasher on for just a few mins will clean-R-up.

Every last word "trents" said. If you your cpu cooler is one of those plain aluminum things, I usually stick them in the dishwasher since most canned compressed air will not get all the crud out of those solid aluminum fins. The dishwasher on for just a few mins will clean-R-up.

Ask the wife first before you stick it in the dishwasher, however. Women folk can be particular about what goes in the dishwasher. A guy on the Ford Ranger truck forum I used to participate in put his carburetor in the dishwasher and his wife got pretty steamed about it.

hi guys sorry i was away for a bit. anyways to give you a run down on what has been happening.
1. dropped the amd cpu cooler and bought a new one Deep Cool fan with heat sink and attached that.
2. added 2 more intake fans to the side of the casing.
3. bought a new ram "Kingston KVR800 2gb" to replace the old defunct ones.

Ive done all these things as of late but a problem came up my PSU got burnt so i replaced it with a new one. Now with the new PSU however tried playing RE5 w/c i have finished a while back on default settings on the PC and got severe lag problems and thought i might have damaged the mobo or somthing. Tried formatting my hd and reinstalling win xp sp3 applied all the newest drivers but still no dice. Now that the internet is back on i tried surfing for a solution and found what may have been causing the problem. The replacement PSU is not able to cope with the power requirements of my pc with all the 3 fans. so i may be replacing that soon.

You need to update your signature with the new parts you have and it is a good idea to look at my signature as a 'template' of what should be in a signature.

Burnt up power supply and buy new that is weak, can cause many oddities.

my psu displays 12v output is only 25 amps found somewhere that this is way below what is needed

one more problem im seeing is my GPU temps are too high around 59-66c tried using furmark to test this.

GPU temps are fine up into 80c range. 90c+ I would start thinking about temperatures on the GPU.

I really suggest you buy that power supply I mentioned, it is an absolute steal at $30 after MIR. It is also very future proof, if you decide to upgrade your computer in the future. Not only that, but it will ensure that you even still have one.

i checked the link dude thanks a lot i cant buy from there though because im in the philippines but atleast thanks to you i know what to look for here

Back