• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New h100i is performing horribly.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Hey guys, so I bought a new case (Phantom 630) and a new cpu cooler, the corsair h100i. Not sure if it isn't sitted right or what but my idle temps at 4.7 are 40-50c and load temps are 80-90c. After putting on the backplater I noticed it would rattle around suggesting that it wasn't securely snug. I'm hoping that's the cause of my high temps. I currently have it mounted on top blowing air out.
Here is a pic of the new setup. Hope ya guys like!

Attachments

• IMG_0919small.jpg
    IMG_0919small.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 4,205
  • IMG_0918small.jpg
    IMG_0918small.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,059
Last edited:
I added some rubber washers, 2 degree drop. I guess I'm gonna have to take off the 2 200mm fans on top, put on my 120 fans and set it to suck air in from the top and blow it out the back. There's nothing else I can do. If that doesnt work, I'm just gonna take it back. I'm very dissapointed and sad.

Did you get the backplate secure like Earthdog said?

You obviously didn't listen to Janus, since you used something that didn't come with it.

Were you using the 200mm fans in place of the 120mm fans that came with the H100i? Because that would very easily cause bad temps.

I used everything that came with it and it the backplate was still lose, I had it as tight as it would get. I got the backplate as secure as humanly possible. I have the h100i on top of the pc only palce it would fit and the hoses would reach the cpu. The h100i has 2 of the 120mm fans on it pushing, and the 2 200m on top of the case pulling. I'm not using the Antec 1200 case any longer, I'm using the NZXT Phantom 630.

I recently had a sealed unit where something odd happened. It would go up above 90 under load even when the cpu was not overclocked. The software that came with it did say the pump was working and I confirmed the fans were turning. I remounted it thinking maybe something was odd. It dropped a degree or two. Pulled it off and replaced it with a new one and load temps dropped 25 degrees. I'll be pulling it apart when I have a moment to see what happened. I'm assuming something happened internally.

Yea, looks as if I'm just gonna have to exchange it. I can't hear the water or the pump at all, is that normal?

If the back-plate is loose, it is mounted incorrectly. Period.

I would agree with awktane if there was no rattling (and I wasn't ahead of him in points F@H ;)).

Take it all off and read the instructions carefully. I have the exact same cooler and almost the same MoBo. Remount from scratch.

*edit
If the pump was not working..... your temps would shut down the pc.

wow thats a concern because if its loose your not getting best contact, but thought I would try to suggest a fix.

Yea, I already read that too Dakz. I have already put in washers, no more will fit.

I am going to suggest something a little outside the box that should work, try a piece of very small fuel line (or any heavy duty rubber hose I would guess no more then enough for the screws to start to thread onto, use them like a shim, that might help take up the slack. Just a guess right now but seems to be a common issue with them.

You're saying to put a spacer between the screw head and the top plate to add extra pressure?

worth a try, it will allow you to tighten it up and still allow the material to compress forcing tension on the plate, got to be better then it being loose.

worth a try, it will allow you to tighten it up and still allow the material to compress forcing tension on the plate, got to be better then it being loose.

Should work, just wanting to make sure I read it right :thup:

Posted at OP's request (via PM).
A 5 min prime small fft run at 4.7.
I disabled hyper threading and gave it lots of volts so I didn't have to mess around with it. I normally run at 4.5 gigs.

tickle.PNG

*edited for spelling

*edit X2..... I do run a push pull set up on the rad as well.

Last edited:
Well, it's working ok now. Had it at 4.7 with 1.4v and it got to around 62c. Guess the TIM had to dry or settle or something. Thanks all for helping! My frown is no longer upside down!

Back