• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New here new build 5960x 4x Titan X all EKWB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why would you not blow the air into the case? You are letting the cart get before the horse.... and money trying to make sense out of a loop, when it should be considered first and THEN purchased.

Front/sides = intake
top/rear = exhaust

There is no reason to not have the front radiator still blow inside the case. Sure, the air will be slightly warmer than ambient, but, this keeps proper air FLOW inside the case.

Honestly, what I would have done is get another case that can support the radiators you need. You do not have an optimal seutp with that case and where you can put the radiators.

Also, is there a reason why you repeatedly keep putting in your system specs in every single post? Please go ahead and create a signature with all the information. It will also show as separate from your post... see my post and signature?

Got ya, what does the dye do? Was a premix I bought at primo chill

Asus Rampage V Extreme Build
5960x CPU
4x EVGA Titan X
64GB G Skill
All EKWB cooling
The dye will eventually breakdown and or coagulate into a sticky goop that will clog the loop. You will then need to tear the whole thing apart including the waterblocks and clean them. Run distilled water and a Biocide or Silver coil it will make life a lot easier for you.

That is my sig i made it on the mobile app is probably why it looked like that.i can run those on intake i just didnt think it would be good to i dunno. my front fans are those ones that dry your car after you go through an automatic wash.. lol so the 3 should be able to keep up with the exhaust of rest no problem. I will probably put one on top rear of case to bringing air in.

Think this through. That's a lot of expensive hardware as you'll want to do this right.

You won't be able to fit a front radiator AFAIK once you've installed bottom radiators.

My best advise to you is this.....

If I was you, I'd slap a 240 mm rad to the other side. Make it all one big loop and grab a dual pump top and run both pumps in serial, assuming they're both the same DDC pump. Run it with distilled water with either a silver kill coil or dead water for biocide and run the bigger reservoir.

Have all the filtered radiator points as intake since they'll be too much resistance with the filters in place along with the radiators. Use the huge unfiltered and fairly open rear as exhaust. That will give you positive air flow pressure internally and all your rads will be grabbing fresh cool ambient air.

You guys are right! The 360 came. Didn't fit. But not because of the 480's the case just does not accommodate the end tanks on a 3 fan cooler up front... Ordering a 240. Spoke with EVGA to a tech that is a fellow builder. He seemed to think what I had for a current config was great. But I will order a 240 and finish this next week.

5960x CPU
4x EVGA Titan X
64GB G Skill
All EKWB cooling

I still don't understand why you don't just combine the two 480s into a single loop? I think that will be plenty of rad for your system as your motherboard and CPU don't require a full 480 to cool

You guys are right! The 360 came. Didn't fit. But not because of the 480's the case just does not accommodate the end tanks on a 3 fan cooler up front... Ordering a 240. Spoke with EVGA to a tech that is a fellow builder. He seemed to think what I had for a current config was great. But I will order a 240 and finish this next week.

Alright! Lets try this one more time. :bang head

If I was you, I'd slap a 240 mm rad to the other side. Make it all one big loop and grab a dual pump top and run both pumps in serial, assuming they're both the same DDC pump. Run it with distilled water with either a silver kill coil or dead water for biocide and run the bigger reservoir.

I was saying all of this because I personally own a 900D with a massive custom water cooling loop with extensive research and knowledge. Hope you had paid attention to what I was saying, I would have saved you the headaches and yes, go with one full loop. You have more than enough cooling.

Well I got it up, may order a serial block for cards but we will see on bench marks how it's doing. ImageUploadedByOverclockers1442273239.795673.jpg

5960x CPU
4x EVGA Titan X
64GB G Skill
All EKWB cooling

Has 2x480mm 1x240mm

The CPU and board get 1 480 the cards get the 480 and 240

5960x CPU
4x EVGA Titan X
64GB G Skill
All EKWB cooling

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on this, adding 2nd 1600w psu as I think I'm out of power while trying to over clock these cards. Running 425w oc roms on them and when I turn it up temps are fine but I just get lock up. Hopefully this will do the trick!

5960x CPU
4x EVGA Titan X
64GB G Skill
All EKWB cooling

I hope you have a 20amp breaker...

+1 :thup: And capable wiring.

I'm not a electrician by any means but have read that for example in the states (U.S.), the standard for household outlets handles around 1300w. Anything more you'll need a professional to come in and redo the wiring and setup the proper breaker. The negative effect if things aren't done right could cause a fire.

Source

Also, your EK-FC bridge isn't configured properly. You're suppose to pick with either going Parallel or Serial. You've picked all of the above and not even sure which way the flow is going. You positive the temps are good? A bad flowing loop will have a negative effect in temps and that could be the cause of your system locking up.

EK-FC Bridge System QUAD Semi-Parallel CSQ - Plexi Installation manual

Last edited:
Wow... well.. you wonder if it is the circuit already...if his 1600w psu is tripping, that is over 1760w at the socket. 150 120v = 1800w...that link mentioned continuous of 1400 or so...

I would have put the board and cpu under the 240 and put your highly modded cards under the 480s...I wonder how high the temps get on those, particularly when overclocked and after the loop has time to normalize...

The "average" household circuit is 15 amps. Bear in mind one circuit usually contains more than one outlet. This is why vacuum cleaners all advertise "12 amp" motors. That's the most draw considered safe for a single (average) household outlet. It isn't uncommon for one 15 amp circuit to have more than one outlet , like an entire room on one circuit. For two 1600w PSUs it would probably be a good idea to use two outlets that don't share the same breaker. The cost of wiring , installation , etc.. , of installing a dedicated 20-30 amp circuit could be considerable. Even if the dollar cost isn't a deterrent , the time and effort aren't trivial. Just a thought. Still a sweeeet rig. :)

Back