• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New here new build 5960x 4x Titan X all EKWB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Success follows preparation in equal measures, young Nimor. Consider that your lesson for the day." - Lord Dyrr (Author-Richard Baker in Condemnation)

As far as I can tell this is how the GPU loop is running.

Questions.jpg

I would like to know what is happening in the question mark area. I don't see how you are getting good flow to those cards.

As much as I hate to say it, I think you need to start this loop again.

Take your time.... this is the fun part.

Actually soul you have the arrows backwards. looks to me like goes from the pump to the rads. From the rads to the cards then back to the res.

Attaching other PSU to back of case my truck shop guys are helping me do that. This thing probably weighs over 120lbs now!!! Lol.. I have 220v apc power block so no issue for power delivery. I know that was wrong I changed that since. Was first water build in probably 10 years lol. It's at my office and I have it running off of my 21kva UPS off of my server room :p

Thanks
Dean

Asus Rampage V Extreme Build
5960x CPU
4x EVGA Titan X
64GB G Skill
All EKWB cooling

Last edited:
I would like to see pics of the updated loop.

Even with the custom ROMs 1600 watts is a lot of power.

Screen shots of power draw on the last stable OC would be in order here.

ED, I figured with the goal here to get high clocks, assuming for benching, you'd go with Kingpins.

Regardless I envy his setup. Would love to see updated images of the rig as it stands.

ED, I figured with the goal here to get high clocks, assuming for benching, you'd go with Kingpins.
MEH. He's under water. A kingpin won't help things much if at all.. Its still silicon lottery bound. Most 980Ti's crap out at very high 1400Mhz to low(ish) 1500Mhz(1550 or less typically) regardless of how robust the board is.

BUt yeah, on reference TitanX's, that is playing with fire (assuming voltage changes above the 1.25v area) with their weak VRM...even under water.

MEH. He's under water. A kingpin won't help things much if at all.. Its still silicon lottery bound. Most 980Ti's crap out at very high 1400Mhz to low(ish) 1500Mhz(1550 or less typically) regardless of how robust the board is.

BUt yeah, on reference TitanX's, that is playing with fire (assuming voltage changes above the 1.25v area) with their weak VRM...even under water.

And not sure if more Vram plays a roll in stability on the GPU side as it does with CPUs.

I still believe a Kingpin will outperform any GPU out there in a benching sense atm with its beefed up PCB/Vrms along with the binned GPU. You can actually purchase binned GPU's now with the Kingpins only. Mighty price I must say though.

Yes, if you buy one pre-binned, it could be better (not always), because you are stacking the bet for the silicon lottery. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter. All that fancy hardware really shines under subambient cooling.

Back