• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED New Rank, Same Thread - #10 in the World, Here We Come!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Me too, but we worked hard to put ourselves in the right position, and sometimes things go in our favor too - that 1900 points is a drop in the bucket compared to how many points we've lost and had to make up on our own the past year. :)

Looks like XS doesn't know what happened either, but they did notice we were right on their asses yesterday:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4838393#post4838393

Chew isn't participating in points right now, but I don't think he had 1.9K points:
http://hwbot.org/community/user/chew

It counts! I have no issue with that at all, we've lost 10k+ to PURE (sort of, I don't know the point values when they left, but the OCF pure people are over 10k now in total), so gaining a spot from the same basic operation sits just fine :p

Now lets see if we can hit top10 before rev4 hits! :rock:

Absolutely, all is fair in love and war and the score board says we beat them, way to go team, one more jump and #10 is ours:clap:

Also we are #2 team in the US!!!!

That's one thing I don't understand, why would someone not participate with points?

Fed up with the system? Not sure if chew is 'sponsered' or gets free hardware or not, but that may be another reason... no clue. Dont care. My nose is busy on the proverbial grindstone!!!

Well that was anti-climactic :shrug:

Alot of the really good old school benchers don't care about points; just scores, records, efficiency ect.

As an example Kingpin doesn't participate in points these days because all of his hardware comes from EVGA.

Some people don't participate because they don't like the points system but love competing.

Yeah I can imagine that, it would be a bit unfair to get a ton of hardware and be sponsored and reap the points from it.

There will be a separation of sponsored and non-sponsored in rev.4, so it won't be a problem once it rolls around.

True.

I wonder though, will reviewers be considered sponsered? I dont understand how it would be fair to say, us, that get pieces here and there, vs a tray of 2600k's you know?

The thought has crossed my mind, and I think my points are insignificant enough to not matter. Others would perhaps not see it that way. Rev. 4 should clear things up, which is why I haven't given it too much thought.

Yeah but I have more points than you so maybe it matters for me...:shock: :p :rofl: :chair: :D

But on a serious note, I hear you and agree. Shouldnt matter. Im taking it as it comes. That is, whenever it gets here. :)

I wonder if they're implementing Rev.4 and moving some people over for live testing?

PURE lost less than 100 boints. How high they are, I would imagine thats normal in a day or so...

As I understand it, if the hardware is given to you it's sponsored and it's into the sponsored league you go.
Hard to say exactly where they draw the line though.

Personally I think I'll probably stick myself in the top league, I'd rather be in the middle third of the Top Pro Guys then towards the top of the Noobs.

EDIT:
Pure could lose well over a hundred points if someone not-pure coughs up a WR in a 3d bench.

Heh, I mean I just asked him seconds before I posted that. Will let you guys know what he says.

Back