• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED New Rank, Same Thread - #10 in the World, Here We Come!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL bobn.......you think hokie is holding out on us or something? :p

Put it back in your pants!!!! :rofl:

The thought has crossed my mind, and I think my points are insignificant enough to not matter. Others would perhaps not see it that way. Rev. 4 should clear things up, which is why I haven't given it too much thought.

As I understand it, if the hardware is given to you it's sponsored and it's into the sponsored league you go.
Hard to say exactly where they draw the line though.

Personally I think I'll probably stick myself in the top league, I'd rather be in the middle third of the Top Pro Guys then towards the top of the Noobs.

Based on what was said in the past people who get a mobo or gpu for review won't be considered sponsored.

UFL = Sponsored like HiCookie and NickShih. And top pro's like people on Top 20 list or people who make it to world wide final comps like MAO and GOOC.
XOL = Any one doing subzero.
EL = Any one on ambient.

Most of us will be XOL. And you might need to be invited to the UFL.

Based on what was said in the past people who get a mobo or gpu for review won't be considered sponsored.

UFL = Sponsored like HiCookie and NickShih. And top pro's like people on Top 20 list or people who make it to world wide final comps like MAO and GOOC.
XOL = Any one doing subzero.
EL = Any one on ambient.

Most of us will be XOL. And you might need to be invited to the UFL.

EL for me thanks, I'd get better rank there LoL.

My goal is to make it to Pro levels :D

Next up is trying to whangle an invite to a GOOC qualifier or something.
Gotta get me some LN2 experience over this summer just in case.

My goal is the top 1000 as 1st step, but with the Rev.4 on the way, that's not possible I think

Sure it is! The main thing rev4 changes is the team score, and giving globals for high boint count hardware like 8800s.

Ed if you need a partner for pro AKA "professional pot filler", just let me know, you know where i live after all :D. Btw I got 4, 8800's coming proably, 1x 8800gtx 786mb, other 2 not so sure about, and 4th may or may not come. So thats more boints otw.

We just passed Xtremesystems for #11. Good job people :thup:

Did you miss the last 12 posts? :p

I wonder if they're implementing Rev.4 and moving some people over for live testing?

No. While the testing environment mirrors hwbot, nothing is changed in the current rankings as a result of development.

Congrats guys, your efforts have paid off nicely. There was a time when even dreaming OCF would be in front of XS was laughable.

Thanks for the update. Is there any internal hwbot comment you are aware of on a timeline other than when the unforeseen problems stop being unforeseen?

Wow, just checked this thread again, we have been booming lately! XS has been slain, but we can't let up now!:salute: I have 3 weeks of school left, then summer should give me all the time in the world to bench, and get tons of boints.:attn:

And is there any word why XS lost so many points yet?

Is there any internal hwbot comment you are aware of on a timeline other than when the unforeseen problems stop being unforeseen?

As in they appear with a warning? :D

I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you mean why the rankings appear this way between you and XS, you already pointed out chew is no longer playing for points...the rest of the gap I'm not sure, maybe someone else departed.

I think he is just asking when Rev4 is going to begin outside of the already mentioned 'when unforseen problems stop being unforseen'. Sorry Matt if I wasnt right there.

May 1st!

The problems haven't become unforeseen yet, I expect it'll launch as soon as possible, but nobody really knows when that'll be because new problems keep popping up.
Pesky things, problems.

May 1st!

The problems haven't become unforeseen yet, I expect it'll launch as soon as possible, but nobody really knows when that'll be because new problems keep popping up.
Pesky things, problems.

Wow, so it's already late. As for unforseen problems, more like Massman being lazy.:chair::p lol jk

It will be very interesting to see what happens to all the rankings once it is implemented.

Back