• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED New Rank, Same Thread - #10 in the World, Here We Come!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Points per submission is going up too, notice the steepness increasing faster in points then in submissions :D

The dip where sno left and opty arrived got smoothed out by the passage of time, that's too bad. I rather enjoyed that, there was this little tiny notch down that came back up a couple pixels higher.

Ya, I remember each time people left... In hindsight, the gains we made smooth those out of the graph, but when our point total wasn't so high the losses were massive.

What'd he say?

Basically, the conclusion is that it's up to me. The Pro OC league is designed for 'those people who work almost exclusively with sponsored hardware and only for pure marketing-related overclocking'.

If I feel "Pro" and want to go that route, I can. Otherwise, there would be no problem staying in the amateur league. If it's feasible, I might ensure all of my results (ambient or not) be scored on the XOL side - meaning I'd only compete with top amateur clockers. IMHO that would be a good fit. I'd still be helping the team, even in the Pro league, which is what was my biggest concern.

However, like I said in response to his very well thought out, thorough response - If people complain a lot or it becomes an issue with review samples (or [Massman] and the staff feel it would be better for everyone if I went Pro to begin with), I'd have no qualms moving up to the Pro league. Still being able to help the team is all that matters to me. Individual rank isn't nearly as important.

EDIT - To be sure, I do not feel Pro. I'd get my rear-end handed to me left and right, and be either very near or actually be dead last. We're talking kingpin, Elmor, Hicookie and others of their calibre. I'd be but an annoying fly buzzing around their feet.

Last edited:
But every league will have their own rank right? I think that those Pro are from top 200 and above, I hope be one of the good guys in the amateur league when Rev.4 comes out.

But here is another question, after be in the amateur league, can we can we change to another league like Pro?

Yes, every league will have their own individual ranks; but the Pro's scores can still contribute toward their team.

Sure, you can ask to be in the Pro league if you're up to the challenge.

Yes, every league will have their own individual ranks; but the Pro's scores can still contribute toward their team.

Sure, you can ask to be in the Pro league if you're up to the challenge.

Only amateur for now, maybe Pro in a long future. :)

Amateur only for me. I don't like the idea of joining a "pro" league unless I'm getting paid to do something. Its cool for the guys who get to attend the big competitions and get travel/hotels paid for, but to me that still doesn't qualify as pro when you aren't getting "paid" unless you win... And even then it might just be paid in the form of free hardware.

I think the "pro" league makes the most sense for the people getting hardware sent to them just so they will use it and get the most out of it. Or those employed by a hardware company as an employee or contract basis to promote their products, or those who work very closely to market products.

I think that sort of "pro" is something different also than receiving review hardware, where there is 10 hours+ work gathering data, graphing, and writing before you even get to benchmarking and "fun". Basically, when doing review work, if we look at the review sample as payment, most all of us are doing the work for minimum wage or less compared to the time it takes us to get it done.

So, Pro not sponsored I.M.O.G? Agree with you, most of the top guys get free hardware while people like me have to buy the hardware for bench it and get boints.

I wouldn't say that entirely about most of the top guys. From what insight I have into the flow of hardware through working with the frontpage, I would say a lot of the top guys are paying a lot of money for a lot of hardware. Some of them have built more connections to get perks and free stuff, but I would think the majority of stuff is still bought and paid for.

I am just using conjecture here... There are some people like Shamino that have things provided because they work for companies. But the people not actually working for companies that are at the top, are more often than not paying a lot to bin through hardware on their own... It is not easy to get access to a lot of hardware to test, and in cases where it happens we are more likely to hear about it, but I don't think it happens all that often. There are a few select "superstars" that have worked years to build reputations and network with the right people, and they are the exceptions rather than the norm at the top of the rankings. (I think, dunno)

The people at the top can attest to that more accurately, I wouldn't know outside of my experience talking with manufacturers and knowing how the review hardware game works. But I certainly wouldn't want to say most the top guys get free hardware, because I think very few people do, and those who do are likely working hard at building connections and talking with the right people to get what hardware they can get. From the hardware game, I know it is a lot of work in itself building up contacts and getting conversations with the right people and following up to stay in touch.

+1 ^^.

My conjecture... its all about capital for those that are not sponsered. The hobby is expensive. HOWEVER Even if you pay $2850 for 10 2600'ks, you can sell the 9 worse ones and not be out close to that amount so its not so bad. I have been through 4 2600k's for example and probably paid a total of $350 or so after my sales.

Thread title needs an update :D

Rev4 public beta is looking like mondayish apparently.
So lets get 4k boints over the weekend and hit top10 real quick, k?
I'll be doing my part if all goes decently :D

Also....
HWBot ranking page said:
TOP 5 Best Scoring Teams Last Month:
1. Bench Tec UK scored 5,199.20 points, and was ranked 6th globally.
2. Team OCX scored 4,009.30 points, and was ranked 3rd globally.
3. Federation Team Russia scored 3,509.90 points, and was ranked 2nd globally.
4. AwardFabrik scored 3,509.70 points, and was ranked 4th globally.
5. OC Forums scored 2,910.40 points, and was ranked 12th globally.

TOP 5 Most Active Teams In Past 30 Days:
1. PC Games Hardware members made 629 submissions worth 228.00 points, and was ranked 1st globally.
2. OC Forums members made 567 submissions worth 584.90 points, and was ranked 12th globally.
3. Guru3D members made 553 submissions worth 287.70 points, and was ranked 60th globally.
4. Overclock.net members made 499 submissions worth 250.30 points, and was ranked 21st globally.
5. Team OCX members made 368 submissions worth 1,550.40 points, and was ranked 3rd globally.

Great work everyone :thup:
Don't get discouraged if we drop when Rev4 hits. We'll fight back... look how far we've come in just a few short months :salute:

Rev 4 works alot differently for team points. Pretty much whoever has the top score for the team is what gets the points, not all all the submissions points added together, if i read and understand it correctly.

Back