• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to OC, AMD Athlon II X4 635 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeaa going into the extended profile is safe right? I think I tried to change the ratio before and I changed the timings accordingly but it wasn't booting up either. I really want to get it there but I doubt boosting the FSB or multiplier to get my memory that high will just cause me to crash. anyways, yeah i'll run prime 95 tonight then!

Running in the xtended profile is fine as long as it proves to be stable.

Here are the screens for last night prime95! Everything went smoothly for about 12 hours.

Attachments

• prime95 cpu13 fsb 275 nb freq 2475.PNG
    prime95 cpu13 fsb 275 nb freq 2475.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 169
  • cpuz cpu 13 fsb 275 vcore 1.475 nb freq 2475.PNG
    cpuz cpu 13 fsb 275 vcore 1.475 nb freq 2475.PNG
    45.1 KB · Views: 179
WHen I checked on it after having prime95 run for about 2 hours, the core temps were at 46C - 47C. Didn't check after that though. Forgot to get a screenshot of that but hopefully word of mouth will suffice

I too had the ram voltage issue with similar corsair memory, anything above 1.51 it doesn't appear to like; i couldn't boot either. your OC looks good; trents has tuned u in well... just waiting on prime95 for a few hours and associated heat. :)

edit: whoa, was on the first page... looks like prime95 done and all is well. this is a useless post.

mm well since its been awhile, I'm going to assume that my computer has been successfully overclocked.

Trents, thank you for staying with me from beginning to end and assisting me through every step. I appreciate the time and effort you put into me and my computer and this could not have been accomplished without you. Thank you.

Rgone, thanks for your wisdom and coming in to guide me through the right steps of OCing and not skipping any steps. Thank you.

Back