• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No more FedEx 3-day on Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FedEx and UPS have left my orders just sitting on my front porch. I got home finding $600 of stuff ive ordered just sitting there.

But I do like FedEx more, their staff is more human and easier to deal with.

Captain Newbie said:
UPS cancels packages with their feet. Fedex carefully hands them to you.

'Nuff said.
I work at a plant nursery, and we ship all our smaller (less than 8' tall) packages using UPS. I have watched as the woman CRAMS a package to fit into a small space, or just tosses it in. Not to mention how they take their sweet time and lots of the plants end up dying. I hate UPS with a passion. Fedex has always gotten me my stuff in perfect shape, while I have received boxes with gaping holes in them from UPS.

I still see FedEx Express Saver... you seem to have high shipping prices in your first post. Maybe you had too much weight for their FedEx Express option.

I take night classes in college with a bunch of UPS employees. Based on the stories they tell I no longer use UPS.

I just ordered a bunch of things from the egg. FedEx Saver is there, its $15 more then UPS and I take that because at least if I miss FedEx during the day I can pick the package up on my way home from work, instead of making a seperate trip at 8:30 to pick it up at a warehouse some 25miles away. Besides I seem to get FedEx shipments usually in 2 days as long as theres no weather issues.

g0dM@n said:
I still see FedEx Express Saver... you seem to have high shipping prices in your first post. Maybe you had too much weight for their FedEx Express option.
I ordered two pairs of RAM a week ago for work, there was no Fedex Saver option.

Yeah, it all comes down to the driver, and the distrobution center. With my packages, I have never had a problem ever. Bolth of the drivers are friends of my dad's, and they see me enough to know me pretty well too :D The only one that I ever bitched about, was when they had a replacement UPS guy, and he decided that kicking on my door was a good way to get me to answer it, took off some paint on my door, trust me, I let him have it for that. He claimed that the package was to heavy, well why not put it down, and let me pick up, idiot?

fldrice said:
UPS left my uncle's two-grand LCD TV on his front porch without even knocking on the door.
I also noticed how UPS doesn't give a hoot as to what happens. I've been home so many times and then when I'm about to leave house I see a package sitting there already with bird s___ on it.

------------------------------

@JoT
I just checked... I still have the fedex express saver option, bro. I just added some 2x512 twinmos ram and before AND after I put in my zip it gave me the option for it... so I dunno what's going on. =/

I gotta admit... UPS shipping is really cheap compared to fedex express. It may be worth it for some of us.

g0dM@n said:

It was split up into 3 packages anyway. All coming from different parts of the country. The heaviest package was 17lbs, so I doubt that's the reason why there was no Fedex Express Saver option.

I liked newegg better before they even had a UPS shipping option.

Paul1 said:
It was split up into 3 packages anyway. All coming from different parts of the country. The heaviest package was 17lbs, so I doubt that's the reason why there was no Fedex Express Saver option.

I liked newegg better before they even had a UPS shipping option.

Its definatly not wieght related. Heres what I got coming from 1 location.

- OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI ATX, BTX, SATA, P4 and EPS12V 520W Power Supply - Retail
- DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
- THERMALRIGHT XP-120 Heatsink - Retail
- Thermaltake A2018 120mm 1 Ball 1 Sleeve Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan - Retail
- 2x HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 0A31636 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail
- Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model BL2KIT12864Z503 - OEM
- Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

Im sure this wieghts a decent amount. Besides that I've odered 50lb packaged before through fedex saver before, not through newegg though.

the other day i had a package left at my house from UPS. the weird thing is that it belonged to my neighbor. somehow the UPS guy mixed our houses up... i don't see how. our mailboxes are far apart and my neighbor's house has the numbers on their house... i really don't want to be getting stuff from UPS... fedex express saver is my favorite and preferred shipping...

One time I sent a small package of DSL filters (they weighed less than a full can of coke) from one side of town to the other (a distance of 15 miles). It took one day and $11.00 via UPS Ground. Good thing I didn't pay for it.

I ordered from NewEgg early yesterday morning and received delivery by UPS today at noon; that's CA to NV in under 30 hours.

Seeing that I had been receiving a few UPS deliveries lately, today my UPS driver actually gave me his personal cell phone number to coordinate with him to make sure I receive my deliveries on the 1st attempt. As good as NewEgg and FedEx were before, it could never compete with that kind of service. UPS just gained a customer today.

1Time said:
I ordered from NewEgg early yesterday morning and received delivery by UPS today at noon; that's CA to NV in under 30 hours.

Seeing that I had been receiving a few UPS deliveries lately, today my UPS driver actually gave me his personal cell phone number to coordinate with him to make sure I receive my deliveries on the 1st attempt. As good as NewEgg and FedEx were before, it could never compete with that kind of service. UPS just gained a customer today.

Cool, you're from LV? I was born at Nellis AFB and lived in LV for a while. Yeah, that is about 5hrs of driving in a ups truck.

I have gotten next day delivery by fedex from newegg from NJ a couple of times, and it was fedex super saver. I always liked the fedex people. Knew them a lot better than ups, but they are cool too.

I have had lunch with the UPS guy. He knows like my whole family b/c he's been around for years.

The FedEx guy knew where my dad's shop was so he ALWAYS brought it to him when I wasn't home. Now he doesn't work for FedEx anymore. :(

Btw, I live in NY, and even when stuff from newegg was shipped from jersey I never saw it faster than 2 days (not complainin, but in comparison to Quailane).

Both have done awesome to me, both have sucked for me. DHL sucks on a regular basis... and the university post office here sucks pretty consistently too... took a small package 32 days to go the distance of 55 minutes at 65mph...

I hate them all, but shopping the net is the only way to roll!

Back