• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No more FedEx 3-day on Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fastest delivery to me was with FedEx, and a big antec steal case a few years back. I got it in under 24 hours from purchase. Now thats what I call FedEx Express Saver ;)

Well just to prove it once again Newegg and FedEx rocks. Ordered LATE Monday night (11pm), shipped Tuesday, intransit Wednesday, Arival TODAY :) Less then 3 days from order and it will be on my step not bad. 1 Package came from CA, the other NJ and the CA package was the big one weighing in at 19.0 Lbs. NJ was just a small 3 Lb package.

I had to order a 20 to 24 pin PSU converter since the motherboard and the PSU in the case are incompatible (even though it doesn't say how many pins each is ANYWHERE on newegg's site). If it were shipped by FedEx, it'd be here today. UPS is taking their time. It will be here monday instead.

If they leave the package on your porch,

1)it gets stolen and you call newegg and they ship you a new one

2)call UPS or fedex and get them to deal with it.

3)take the thing and tell them you never got it(for them being asses)

I dont mind UPS ever since I complained so much about a driver and he got fired. But its good now, and I still like fedex alot better.

FEDEX rocks, I hate ups. I shipped a motherboard to new jersey and they returned it damaged and it was about 1/4 of the original size. And they would not give me money for the insurance because they said it was not packed correctly. My AS*!!!! It was packed perfect!!! I hate UPS with a passion.

Well, I didn't order my stuff from the Egg this time because the didn't have it, otherwise I would have been loyal to them. I ordered 2 separate packages from 2 companies, one using FedEx and the other UPS. Both began being shipped on the morning of the 27th, by the 28th PM UPS package had gone from MI to NC, while FedEx moved a few miles in NY and then stopped for the weekend. I decided to leave it be and just wait patiently.

So UPS got my 1st package to me (on the 31st) and left it next to the door hidden in the bushes, easy to see if you are looking for it but not advertised to the world. Now today FedEx FINALLY said they got my package here, but 30 mins after it's time of arrival (8:38PM) I got home and looked for it, no where to be found. It's quite possible the FedEx guy screwed me over this time and gave my fan controller to some random person. Anyway, I filed a claim and the wonderful people of FedEx (who I've never had a problem with mind you) said they will go out and check to see if they left it in the right place. I HIGHLY doubt that in that 30 mins time frame someone stole my package, so it seems the FedEx system has let me down this time, and just maybe in my area UPS now has one up on them.

Just my 2 cents added to this topic. Sorry that it's slightly off topic of NewEgg. So to fix that, I'll mention a bit on how I feel about the Egg. Their FedEx people have never let me down before, but neither has UPS from any company I ordered from. Sure I'd prefer FedEx normally, but I really don't care. I will probably just take the cheapest option unless I need it rush delivered.

Burdman

EDIT:: Talked to the FedEx guy who delivered it, and his good friend had a bad car wreck right before he was going to drop the package off. So he didn't bring it until late that night (8:38pm) and thinks he left it at my neighbor's house by mistake. So at least I know my FedEx guy isn't messed up or psychotic and trying hide my parcel in the bushes or not deliver it or something like that. Anyway, all is well with the FedEx man now.

Last edited:
I ordered a laptop hard drive and 2.5" hard drive enclosure on Saturday, selected the UPS 3 day in order to evaluate thier service to Denver.

The hard drive shipped from NJ, and the enclosure from CA- both items shipped on the following Monday. Tracking for each estimated delivery on Thursday (today) - so much for 3 day service.

The wierd thing is that the NJ delivery routed NJ-Louisville-Jannesville-Denver. UPS has hubs in Louisvile and Janesville - I wonder why they didn't just put it on a flight from Louisville to Denver.

Next time I will use my preferred shipper Fedex, and save a days wait.

hate ups

i ordered a harddrive from newwegg on the 21st of october and used the three day ups shipping. it finally arrived on november the 1st. i keep track of it with the tracking number and it left neweegg in calif. then went to iowa, then illinois,then indiana,then kentucky, then back to indiana then finally got to houston, tx wherei live and sat in tnhe warehouse for another day before they delivered and left it on the porch with out knocking. ups can not tell me why this happened. no more ups for me EVER :mad: :mad:

Back