• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now taking requests for install programming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'd like programming instructions for it to cook dinner for me :)

surely you can hook us up ;)
cool.gif
evil.gif

On the note for the single file, perhaps you include the files needed, config, console, etc and then instuctions or quick util to package them all together in eitheran msi or exe package for a true one-lcik we can send to friends or use for ultimate borging (click and walk kinda thing). And yes. NO UNINSTALL!!! I also dont remember seeing this network install? I need something that can push the install onto computers given an IP address and NOT in a domain (ie, no AD) This saves time and effort so I can borg my networks and such from a single machine and not have to touch everyone. (OS's are XP or 2K and Intel P3/P4 based). On the network install all the reg flags must be included too :)

Actually, the more I think about it. perhaps you could add an ini file or something for configuration of the actual service? select what flags you want, the install directory and attributes. and the one-click will read that and install per your predefined instructions. Would be no need to make sepoerate things for each config, just have a file that dictates the options just like FAH itself.

And lol Maxvla, have you even repeated the same avatar yet? :p

Yeah I was wondering if you can make a machine fold while at the logon screen; We have a small lab of computers that the whole school uses (one teacher may need it so that their class can research information, etc.) and the computers stay in logon screen most of the day. TIA :)

The service install can do that, it will run as long as the computer is on and the OS is running.

BTW Wedo, what are you using to build this install? programming or just creating an installer package, etc? Been sorta curious for a while.

pik4chu said:
And lol Maxvla, have you even repeated the same avatar yet? :p
i try not to. i've probly done it once or twice but only for a day or so since mid may 2003. ever since then its been daily avatar changes save a few days.

its hard work finding new stuff thats good enough for you guys. ;)

on topic...

i'll probably need this one click for a computer at work. its a 1700 tbred. it logs onto the internet several times a day with dialup. my question is... is there anyway to have 2 folding programs installed on one computer and one be used by that computer and the other used over a network?

here's the gist... one computer has net access. the other does not and will not because they are "afraid of it being compromised" *shock/horror face* so i'm wondering if the information can be stored on the net capable computer so it can be submitted that way. otherwise there is a 1700 tbred sitting there running accounting software 7-8 hours a day using 1% of the cpu's power.

Maxvla said:

i try not to. i've probly done it once or twice but only for a day or so since mid may 2003. ever since then its been daily avatar changes save a few days.

its hard work finding new stuff thats good enough for you guys. ;)

on topic...

i'll probably need this one click for a computer at work. its a 1700 tbred. it logs onto the internet several times a day with dialup. my question is... is there anyway to have 2 folding programs installed on one computer and one be used by that computer and the other used over a network?

here's the gist... one computer has net access. the other does not and will not because they are "afraid of it being compromised" *shock/horror face* so i'm wondering if the information can be stored on the net capable computer so it can be submitted that way. otherwise there is a 1700 tbred sitting there running accounting software 7-8 hours a day using 1% of the cpu's power.

If you have access I can give you a ncie small proxy program that you can load on the one pc and have the other PC proxy through it.

nahmus said:

If you have access I can give you a ncie small proxy program that you can load on the one pc and have the other PC proxy through it.
that sounds complicated.. .. is it? :eek:

never used a proxy before even though i sorta know what they are.

its cake. ita a one click install. once installed take the PC that does not have internet access and set it up for lan access and put the IP address of the machine you loaded it on as the proxy server.

you can turn the program on and off as needed so you controll the internet access of the second machine. PM me with an e-mail addy and I'll attach it to you tomorow.

PS about that cook job..... :D

Nice.

A version of one-click for duallies would be good.

Also shouldn't all versions of one-click download the client from Stanford rather coming packaged with it? I mean, wouldn't Stanford be angry to find out you were distributing their software?

In linux there is wget to get this done and its very easy. Isn't there a way for you to attempt to make Stanford happy by making your windows installers download the actual client from the only known safe/good source where you can get an untampered client- folding.stanford.edu?

Also, I can donate my own scripts for linux systems.

Last edited:
Arkaine23 said:
Nice.

A version of one-click for duallies would be good.

Also shouldn't all versions of one-click download the client from Stanford rather coming packaged with it? I mean, wouldn't Stanford be angry to find out you were distributing their software?
Technically, yes, but shhhhh, we wont tell :D This would be fine except, the one click NEEDS to use the BETA 3.25...

There's an addy for the beta client the same as for the regular client. The only hassle is that you have to update your script when new clients are released to reflect the change of the client's name.

Back