• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED O/C blue screen i think i broke my cpu....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

Today i ran a asus cpu auto tune and it did it usual thing. but wouldnt restart. so i had to pull the plug. it was my last resort. now when i try to overclock to where i usually oc (3.895) it freeze flashes a quick blue screen and blacks out. i the have to pull the plug.

please tell me i didnt break my fx 8120 already its a week old........ :bang head :confused: :cry: :temper: :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
There is a jumper on your motherboard to move over. Which one, Im not sure, but its in your manual.

ohh now i know what your talking sbout. the little battery on the mobo right??
the mobo is only about a week old though.

The battery is one way to do it, but there is likely a jumper on the motherboard to do it without taking the batter out.

the age of the motherboard is not relevant here.

is it because of the power supply. because i was oc when i first got the cpu and mobo a week ago and it was fine. so the power supply is the problem???

I dunno how that PSU even does under normal loads, may be a real inefficient epic fail PSU for all I know. :(

ok what i did was go into my bios and reset all the settings to default. is that what you wanted me to do right? theres no reset cmos option

im trying it one mhz at a time. we will see what happeneds. there is no cmos metion in any of the bios and all of the other stuff on the start up. ill let you know how it goes

Of course, the real problem here is probably that you were using Asus Auto Tune. You need to learn to overclock like a real geek man using the manual controls in the bios. Auto Tune genies and software cheaters are for sissies.

ahh ok im pretty sure i did it right because it had me reset the time and date.

i turned it off
unplugged
took the jumper of pin 1 and 2
put it on 2 and 3
hit the power button once
put the jumper on 1 and 2
powered her up
and reset the time

Back