• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC is locked in P7H55-M/USB3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nipplepie

Hey I setup a new pc for fun with new and old parts, and I want to OC it. Atm the multi ratio and bus speed is locked in my bios. I cant change it even when I change overclocking to Manual...

Win7 32bit
P7H55-M-USB3
i3 540
Samsung 1600Mhz 4gb (I know max will be 1333MHz)
HD 4650 1GB (So the iGPU should be turned off)
700W PSU

How can I "unlock" the bios?
The TurboV thing is useless, keeps not responding...

You need a P55 board to overclock a 1156 processor.

But the board has overclocking features. First time I'm hearing this. I've heard that the H55 has integrated graphics, which only make it harder to overclock.
A) When you have a GPU in the PCI slot the integrated graphics automatically switches off.
B) You can manually shut it off if you have a dedicated GPU.
C) You have to lower the integrated graphics clock as you increase the CPU (So the integrated graphics stays the same).

Is one of these not right?

H55 has limited to no overclocking abilities. Your CPU is multiplier locked so all you have is bclk to raise.

Max is not '1333' either.. that is a stock value. When overclocking your memory is a function of bclk X memory multiplier to get its speed. Basically, when you raise bclk, you raise your memory frequency with it.

You will need vcore, vtt, dram, and bclk adjustments. Does that mobo have it? What cooler do you have on the CPU?

In my signature is a guide to overclocking i3/i5 etc, take a look at that.
EDIT: Guide is not in my sig, hold on:

H55 has limited to no overclocking abilities. Your CPU is multiplier locked so all you have is bclk to raise.

Max is not '1333' either.. that is a stock value. When overclocking your memory is a function of bclk X memory multiplier to get its speed. Basically, when you raise bclk, you raise your memory frequency with it.

You will need vcore, vtt, dram, and bclk adjustments. Does that mobo have it?

In my signature is a guide to overclocking i3/i5 etc, take a look at that.

Yeah it has them. But they are locked. I can't change them.
I've seen videos on youtube with the exact same board, where everything it unlcoked, and you can OC normally.

Have you adjusted anything in the bios from auto to manual and see if things unlock? Have you updated the bios to the latest version, just in case?

Have you adjusted anything in the bios from auto to manual and see if things unlock? Have you updated the bios to the latest version, just in case?

Ya changing to manual doesn't do anything.

Im not too familiar with updating BIOS, mine are version 1302 (which is newer than anything I find to update to). When I download the latest bios for the Mobo from the Asus page, then go into BIOS to use the EZ Flash 2 BIOS utility, I find the file, but it says "no update module was found in the file!".

So when you set Ai Overclock Tuner to Manual, D.O.C.P., or X.M.P., then highlight the CPU Ratio Setting and BCLK Frequency options, you're unable to change their values by using the +/- keys on the NumPad?

Back