• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing Biostar TA890FXE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So it seems the best I can get with this cpu is 3.8 GHz @ 1.476 volts with the RAM at 1066 MHz with 7-7-7-20-27 timings. Prime stable for 30 minutes+ now...

Thanks for all the input from everyone. Unfortunately I don't think this cpu will go 4.0 GHz since I needed more than 1.5 volts to run 3.9 and temps are nearing the max for the cpu.

Attachments

• 30 min prime stable at 3.8 ghz.png
    30 min prime stable at 3.8 ghz.png
    418.6 KB · Views: 223
Since you're hitting 55 @ 1.475 vCore it's no wonder it wasn't stable using 1.55 vCore. Often less is better. ;)

I'm surprized your temps are so high with water cooling, though.

Yeah well the same loop is cooling my Radeon HD 5850, I may need to redo the cpu waterblock though. After an hour of Prime it never went above 55°C, during gaming it's topping out at 52°C in Medal of Honor. The contact area on the Delta V3 is actually smaller than the cpu itself so I've been looking at the Apogee and a few others to replace it with.

Penetrecion, Are you running the latest bios also, version 89FADA11? I don't know if it would help or not it claims to help OC'ing.

I've got 6 more Yate loon medium fans coming. I've only got 2 on my top radiator and just the stock 230 mm fan from my HAF 932 blowing out into the other. I should see some better temps soon...

SIX FANS?!?! I assume your REPLACING some of your current ones not just add 6 more? THATS ALOT of cooling, at that point i'd just consider H2o

SIX FANS?!?! I assume your REPLACING some of your current ones not just add 6 more? THATS ALOT of cooling, at that point i'd just consider H2o
Pretty sure

XSPC Delta V3 cpu block & XSPC H2O 750 res/pump
2 Hardware Labs Black Ice Xtreme II radiators
Swiftech MCW80 GPU block

from his sig IS water cooling. ;)

Back