• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing FX-6300 Tonight...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK from those shots I would
Disable CPU spread spectrum
Set ram voltage to 1.55v
CPU and CPU_NB LLC to high
CPU and CPU Current capability to 130%
IF you plan on playing with your ram do the same for it's current cap setting.

After you take the LLC off of auto you may find it'll set a different voltag in the OS under load than it does currently, if so you will have to adjust your CPU voltage.

I already altered the RAM timings to match what was listed in the CPU-Z tab. 9-11-9-27-39-1T. I did notice that it showed two different settings. One of them was 9-10-9-27-39-2T. Should I be using one over the other?

You would need to test ram efficiency with something like Maxmemm to see which works best. My ram is a little faster doing its' work with 2T but 1T is 'supposed' to be quicker. That is why one needs test his own stuff and not depend on others since it all does not work the same from one system to another.
RGone...

Alright. I made all of the changes that Johan suggested.

I'm trying to squeeze another 100MHz out of this thing (up to 4.5) and I can't get it stable. I get "Worker Stopped" within 10 minutes every time, and I'm now up to 1.44 Vcore. Though, I should add that things are looking stable at 1.44.

Should I drop back down to the 1.404 that was working, and just stick with 4.4GHz? I'm nowhere near alarmist temps (somewhere in the vicinity of 52-54C) with the 4.5GHz clock and 1.44 Vcore.

Alright. When I bump my multi and my total CPU frequency hits 4.6GHz, a Vcore of 1.45 isn't enough to keep it stable. Is it safe to run higher than 1.45?

There are two temps represented by HWMonitor (Free) for the AMD cpu and they are a CPU/Socket Temp and a Package/Core temp.
CPU/Socket temp should n0t exceed 70c
Package/Core temp should n0t exceed 62c.

Adding voltage will increase those temps, so testing raised cpu voltage wihtin these temp ranges is okay up to about 1.5Vcore likely.
RGone...

You are OK to run at 1.5 if temperatures are good. That is quite high vcore for those clock speeds. Do you run prime in blend or small FFT? With blend you find out if your CPU/NB and ram is unstable and for CPU I only use small FFT.
When I OC, I run stability tests first with small FFT. This loads the CPU to the max and you hit higher temperatures more quickly. When CPU overclocking is done I move to testing with blend which usually brings out problems if memory or CPU/NB voltages are too low.

I ultimately decided to just stop at 1.45 Vcore and a 4.5GHz clock. This way I can keep my fan speeds down to a minimum, which keeps my computer noise barely above a whisper. I was able to get it up to 4.6 on a 1.5 Vcore, but I had to ramp up my RPM's and my temps were approaching 60. I like the idea of being in the low 50's with a quiet PC.

I'm happy. Maybe in the not too distant future I'll pick up a 8350 and try to get to 5 GHz :)

I I can keep my fan speeds down to a minimum, which keeps my computer noise barely above a whisper. I like the idea of being in the low 50's with a quiet PC.

I'm happy. Maybe in the not too distant future I'll pick up a 8350 and try to get to 5 GHz :)

Many people are heavy leaners toward quiet. Not a bad thing really.

You might 'see' 5.0Ghz with an 8 core but you won't ever likely be stable at 5.0Ghz with anything approaching QuieT.
RGone...

Back