• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing FX-6300 Tonight...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My case doesn't have a way of mounting a fan behind the mobo. I can, however, mount two side-mounted fans that wuld push directly down onto the mobo, while the top mounted AIO and rear mounted fans pull air out.

Linkage

Would that suffice?

No he meant not to worry so much about the back of the board cooling.

Concentrate on the VRM package area to the left of the cpu between that and the i/o peripherals. Should be a warm running heat sink there that needs some air flow.

Alright gents. I did some extra research on the TT unit I bought, and...I don't think it's going to realistically fit in my setup. Thus, I have purchased a Corsair H100i, and it has already been installed. Below are pictures of my rig, and below that are pictures of my BIOS. Are there any settings I need to alter here?

By the way, I dropped the bus back down to 200, with a target speed of 4.4GHz. I also dropped my vCore to 1.365, which keeps me stable indefinitely.

Attachments

• securedownload (6).jpg
    securedownload (6).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 44
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 45
  • securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 45
  • securedownload (2).jpg
    securedownload (2).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 44
  • securedownload (3).jpg
    securedownload (3).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 45
  • securedownload (4).jpg
    securedownload (4).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 45
  • securedownload (5).jpg
    securedownload (5).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 44
Alrighty...30 mins of P95 at the settings I posted, on 4.4.

Attachments

• cpu.PNG
    cpu.PNG
    18.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Mem.PNG
    Mem.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 43
  • spd.PNG
    spd.PNG
    42.9 KB · Views: 44
  • HW.PNG
    HW.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 43
I also dropped my vCore to 1.365 << BUT your bios screenshot shows CPU voltage at 1.393750V. Plus the latest HWMonitor you put up shows Vcore at 1.404V and likely due the AUTO setting of CPU_LLC. I see no real issues with the bios settings and you say you can run indefinitely as far as stability is concerned. Good deal.
RGone...

This thing is running so much cooler with the H100i...it's ridiculous.

The one thing I don't quite understand is - why does it show my Vcore bumping to 1.404 if I manually set it to 1.365 in the BIOS? Is that the LLC setting you guys had mentioned?

Also, should my "CPU Speed Spectrum" be set to anything other than AUTO?

OK from those shots I would
Disable CPU spread spectrum
Set ram voltage to 1.55v
CPU and CPU_NB LLC to high
CPU and CPU Current capability to 130%
IF you plan on playing with your ram do the same for it's current cap setting.

After you take the LLC off of auto you may find it'll set a different voltag in the OS under load than it does currently, if so you will have to adjust your CPU voltage.

I have a quick question, I have been looking at my new sabertooth manual & looking at Sun Tzu's pics. I see he has his graphics card in what looks to be PCIex16 slot 2. Is that causing the card to function at something less than x16? Looking at the manual it shows a single card in slot 2 as x4.

I have a quick question, I have been looking at my new sabertooth manual & looking at Sun Tzu's pics. I see he has his graphics card in what looks to be PCIex16 slot 2. Is that causing the card to function at something less than x16? Looking at the manual it shows a single card in slot 2 as x4.

The Sabertooth allows you to drop your card into either the top or bottom x16 slot while running at full speed. Keeping it in the 2 slot frees up some space between GPU and CPU.

Good eye Dan, He'd have to check with GPU-z since the first third and fourth are x16 slots. It might be fine, I've never tested it out.

The manual says to use the first slot. According to this (I'm not home right now) my GPU is running in x4 mode. Ouch!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 10.08.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 10.08.42 AM.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 34
What's te difference between having them in 2/4, rather than 1/3?

Shouldn't be any difference. If I recall correctly even the PCB pathing is balanced for all slots. Unless there is some kind of glitch with the design you should be fine using either of the slots.

Shouldn't be any difference. If I recall correctly even the PCB pathing is balanced for all slots. Unless there is some kind of glitch with the design you should be fine using either of the slots.

Got it. I think I see what cowboy was talking about in the manual. It doesn't specifically say why they recommend using slots 2/4. Perhaps it's strictly due to a potentially large heatsink pushing against DIMM 1?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 11.26.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 11.26.32 AM.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 24
Back