• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

* Official Team 32 Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread *

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When it looks like I'm on my last -bigadv for T32monkeys in the CC, I'm going set -oneunit, finish it, and fold A3's till the end. Then change back to folding -bigadv under my user name.

Doc - I think that's the advisable thing to do in the last 2.x days of the challenge...

Looks like the T32monkeys will reach the 20MM less than 48 hours.

Removed bigadv flag on all my i7 rigs last night for duration of the race. (The CFG change for A3 can be made while the A2 WU is in progress, and the client will request A3 when the A2 completes.) Be sure to make a backup copy of the work and queue before stopping the client. I usually make two backup copies, just in case.

Two i7 are now on A3. HFM is currently showing 380Kppd, even with two of the i7 on A3.

Attachments

• HFM-HayesK ppd 05-12-2010.PNG
    HFM-HayesK ppd 05-12-2010.PNG
    991 bytes · Views: 348
And the residents of LaPorte, Texas, are all wondering why the lights came up brighter! :D Thanks a bunch!

We have crossed the finish line and claimed 3rd place.

Well done Monkeys!!!
:clap::clap::clap:

First round is on me :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Keep up the good fold for the team and for the science :D

That was a good race (removing the 1st two teams) and there is still some good racing for 4th place. This was the best race that I can remember.

That was a good race (removing the 1st two teams) and there is still some good racing for 4th place. This was the best race that I can remember.

Agreed. Congrats to all that have participated, and still are participating! I do think that changes need to be made to the format of the race. Otherwise we might have another fine competitor lost from next years Chimp Challenge. Losing a founding team, well, that would be unfathomable. :(

Well Done T32monkeys we made 3rd Place ours,
congrats to all that participated in this years Chimp Challenge.​
:thup::salute::thup::salute::thup:

Final Race Update

We're in like flin!!! :beer: Great job everyone!!! After a rocky start you all have made this Captain proud!!! :) I want to thank Adak for running the play-by-play.

Thanks also to our visitors Drugless and Macaholic!!! You two made a *HUGE* impact and it was a pleasure having you both on board once again. :) T32 says Thank You!!!

This is your Captain... signing off...

just wanted to stop by and say congrats you guys really brought the heat the last few days of the race. job welll done T32.

Had to bump up this thread to let everyone know that the Chimp Challenge 2010 is officially complete. The Monkey_Bol locks team has crossed the finish line.

Congratulations, and Great Job to all the teams and contributors.

EDIT: Had to change the spelling of the team name, because it got censored out. :D Monkey_********

Had to bump up this thread to let everyone know that the Chimp Challenge 2010 is officially complete. The Monkey_Bol locks team has crossed the finish line.

As usual,
there appears to be those
who never want
the chimps to quit
and they just keep churning out
tens of thousands of points
in honor of chimpdom :sly:

:shrug:

As usual,
who never want
the chimps to quit

Hey, with how much of a PITA it is just to switch my 9 clients over, I imagine that the clients that keep Folding for the Chimp teams are those belonging to people with large farms, or computers in other locations, that forgot to switch them back.

Congratulations, and Great Job to all the teams and contributors.

EDIT: Had to change the spelling of the team name, because it got censored out. :D Monkey_********

Thanks for the update Jon! :) Wow... over a month to finish the 20 million. :-/ Some serious thought needs to be put in to creating "flights" or "levels" of competition next year. There was talk of a handicap system... but I don't really care for that. We had three distinct races going on this year and I think that should help set the stage for how we organize next year.

As usual,
who never want
the chimps to quit

The sad thing is... it's just a cpu/gpu or two. It looks like another one just got turned off a couple weeks ago. Who knows... sometimes it's tough to track down that last borg. :D

If it got shutdown that would make me happy... dang things are slowing my overtake. :D

Back