• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

* Official Team 32 Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread *

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I lost my secondary folding rig just a few days prior to the start. I'm finally able to devote time to fixing it today. It will be up in about an hour from this posting. However, an AMD X2 3800 & Nvidia 9600 aren't gonna erase this debt we're in.

I'm firing up my server too over the weekend to help out. AMD X3 @ X4 3.0 GHz.

It's all I got. We've got to get 3rd place back!

IT'S TIME FOR THE MOST ULTIMATE RALLY OF ALL TIME!!!

Follow these 3 steps right now and we will bring the heat down on even OCN

1. WATCH THIS VIDEO RIGHT NOW, NO EXCUSES JUST DO IT AND GET FIRED UP!!!

2. Increase your overclock to it's maximum stable setting (it's only going to be for 8 days)
I personally am running at 95c with all the voltage I added to make my 150mhz boost stable.

3. Bribe your family & friends, explain that you only need their help for 8 days and will repay them with favors computer troubleshooting etc...

THE BENCHING TEAM, SETI TEAM, AND ROSIE TEAM ARE ALL RALLYING BEHIND US!!!
LETS FOLD LIKE WE HAVE NEVER FOLDED BEFORE :salute: :attn::rock::attn::rock::attn::rock::attn::rock:

Last edited:
I thought that once a username had a passkey generated for it, it would only get credits for units submitted with that passkey, any non-matching passkey on that username wouldn't get credit. If that is true, then anybody folding on T32monkeys username but with their own passkey isn't getting the bonus credit. Did I misread the info on the passkey page?

You read it correctly. If you are folding with a new username, with your own passkey, you have to re-qualify it for the bonus by having:

1) 80% completion rate or better on A2 or A3 WU's
2) have completed 10 A2 or A3 WU's
3) used your passkey while folding the above.

Some other requirements for folding extra large WU's also apply. The above refers ONLY to what you need, to qualify for a possible bonus.

@Bobnova:
Yeah, it's not so much that i can't make a valid config, that part works great via run-as-admin or via manual editing.
The issue is that when i run fah6.exe it overwrites the config file with a default one.

The client does this whenever it is unable to locate the config file. It may be a permissions issue (you're not signed in when you start folding, so the folding client has no permission to read the config file), or just a misplaced config file (maybe you moved where fah was before, without letting it know).

But that's the problem - client can't find the config file, and it will always generate a default one, in that case. You won't like who gets your points, though: Team: 0, user: Anonymous!

Last edited:
I don't know about the team PPD, but if everyone timed their bigadv WUs right for the start of the competition, we should get bigadv WUs in giant waves... We're not due to have gotten the second wave yet, but it should happen some time within the day.

what he said. And using Ozzlo as an example. If you timed your bigadv to drop wed evening and it takes 2.5-3 days to finish then round 2 isn't done yet. We should see a big boost late tonight/early tomorrow. Hopefully the long turn around time on bigadv doesn't screw us over on the last day....

I've added my dual opteron 275 system to the cause folding smp on linux as well as my dual xeon prestonia system. Usually gets 2 to 3k ppd. Not much but every bit counts.

8 more days might give me enough time to get an i3 540 at 4ghz or whatever it'll run at going!

I'm going to try to convince my brother to add his 4400X2 to the team tomorrow, beyond that i'm pretty much capped out. This netbook might turn in 200 points in a week :p

I'll be adding another GPU in the next few hours. I'll try do convince my friend to add his dual quad Xeon workstation and his 8800GTS 512, he owes me :chair:

Ok, most of my rigs are up and running (had a problem with two gpu so had to do a watercool swopout for one of them (time consuming!)
Doesn't include the 6 x I7 Bigadv since I haven't worked out how to share the VM's clients folder so that I can see them remotely in HFM (or anything else). (There are guides but I get confussed.) But should be good for total of 250-300k at most depending on gpu wu. I'll see what I can do with the remaining rigs this weekend.
2iv0jgx.jpg

Ok, most of my rigs are up and running (had a problem with two gpu so had to do a watercool swopout for one of them (time consuming!)
Doesn't include the 6 x I7 Bigadv since I haven't worked out how to share the VM's clients folder so that I can see them remotely in HFM (or anything else). (There are guides but I get confussed.) But should be good for total of 250-300k at most depending on gpu wu. I'll see what I can do with the remaining rigs this weekend.
2iv0jgx.jpg

That is one nice looking farm you have there. Have you considered sticking with our team after the CC (if you haven't already been folding for us:D)? We would love to have you stick around.

By the way, it is starting to look like we may be having a better day today. As of the time of this posting, we are up over 600k for work turned in today!:beer: WTF everyone!!

2iv0jgx.jpg
Thanks for all that power Drugless!!:beer::beer:

Hourly Production
Time Points WUs
05.08, 3pm 413,855 331
05.08, 12pm 275,563 299
05.08, 9am 330,026 281
05.08, 6am 328,975 275
05.08, 3am 288,381 290
05.08, 12am 239,472 288

Bigadv bombs a dropping.

Indeed they are, as of the 3pm update we've produced 1.6 million already and still have 3 updates to go. I also managed to add 2 gpu's today, an 8800GTS 512 and a 4850 should add an average of another 8k.

I just got one of my dead rigs back up...It was the PSU....about 8k more.:thup:
Working on the other one right now.

Total of 55k.

Also want to apologize for missing my bigadv at the start of the race... got caught away from home. Not much of an excuse, I should have taken care of it the weekend before.:(

Last edited:
I'm tapped out now. Up around 83K PPD now. Can't wait for the next update.

Thanks Duner!!! And Thank You To Everyone Pouring your WUs out for T32monekys!!! We will prevail!!! (for third place). :D

wtf.gif

2iv0jgx.jpg

thjawdropper.gif Thanks so much to you Drugless for your invaluable assistance!!! :beer: I echo Jolly and d when I say... "that's some nice PPD!!!" :D

Race Update

The first team has crossed the finish line. Congratulations to EVGA! Like we all didn't know they would have the most powerful sprinter. ;) However, there's been some talk going on about whether EVGA has committed a challenge infraction with due to the enormity of their first two points updates. See here (check their Hourly graph) and you tell me: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=449361 What does this mean? I don't know yet. The Captains will have to discuss further. I'll keep you posted.

After what was another "scary" couple of days we have really turned up the juice today. I guess it's out next round of bigadv going in. Keep it going 32!!! We have made up over 500k on MPC today and are in position to take back 5th place from the Banana Beavers!!! :D

More to come... stay tuned Chimps and Monkeys!!! Oh yeah, go talk some smack over at the HWC site :D http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/

Attachments

• cc4.png
    cc4.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Back