• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

* Official Team 32 Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread *

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
even if somehow the keys were not qualified... they are now ;)

Code:
Rank  	Total Points  	Last 24hrs.  	Est. Time
EVGApes 	1 	3,343,071 	5,762,823 	2.9 days
OCNChimpin 	2 	1,786,153 	3,677,467 	5.0 days
T32monkeys 	3 	701,526 	1,190,728 	16.2 days
TSCh!mp 	4 	700,310 	1,192,398 	16.2 days
Beavers_Gone_Bananas 	5 	603,693 	1,477,063 	13.1 days
maximum_monkey 	6 	591,075 	932,028 	20.8 days
CustomBitChimps 	7 	450,826 	668,695 	29.2 days
ChimPowerUp 	8 	323,534 	649,773 	30.3 days
Monkey_******** 	9 	253,799 	610,368 	32.4 days

excerpted from: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/

Third place is a reasonable expectation, EVGA and OCN with their big GPU guns won't ever be within overtake reach.

Man, EVGA and OCN are giving away a boatload of prizes! No wonder they are kicking butt.

That means there are two types/divisions of teams.
1. Paid/prizes/bribed - what ever you want to call it but they can/may expect a reward for participation.

2. Volunteer

The teams should be divided up by these divisions.

Race Update

After what I was considering a "scary" start we have definitely pulled into position where I expected we would be. EVGA and OCN are really in a battle of their own. Where OCN found another 1.2 million PPD overnight is beyond me. Our latest update was not the greatest but no worries... check out our P/WU Average. :D We are obviously highly reliant on bigadv WUs as opposed to the rest of the Teams.

There is a little debate about which site (EOC or HWC) will be used for the "official" numbers. I'm partial to EOC and I trust its proprietor, so I will be advocating EOC as the official tracking.

More to come... stay tuned Chimps and Monkeys!!! Oh yeah, go talk some smack over at the HWC site :D http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/

Attachments

• CC1.png
    CC1.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 335
The math is confusing me. We are not even 24 hours into the competition but all the teams have several days worth of points at their 24 hour average?

EVGA is keeping their own stats. Pretty easy to follow. Keep it up! :thup:

That may be... but it's definitely not the "official" tracking. It's either EOC or HWC as discussed by the captains... and we need to nail that down. :)

However, thanks for the link Mac! :thup: I echo Rp... hope you've jumped in to help our little monkey friend.

3rd though 6th is pretty tight right now.
SHOCKED.gif
Hopefully we'll get a big push when the next round of bigadv's kick in. 34 hours to go for mine.

The way "I" :sly:see it is T32Monkeys are number #1 due to the fact there are no prizes for us and we still pump out the points!:attn::comp:

So i say fling the poo at #1 and #2 :shock:

I noticed that we are putting out nearly twice the points per unit as the #2 team and 1/3 more than the #1 team. WAY TO GO TEAM!

I agree that the Chimp Challenge should be for bragging rights only. No prizes for participation.

I noticed that we are putting out nearly twice the points per unit as the #2 team and 1/3 more than the #1 team. WAY TO GO TEAM!

I agree that the Chimp Challenge should be for bragging rights only. No prizes for participation.

Second that. Bribery on inter-team competitions FTL.

Race Update

Whew... about 36 hours in. It's shaping up to be a fine race, for us at least. We can all just hang out and watch EVGA win this thing and then listen to OCN talk about how they're still going to beat EVGA. A valiant effort for sure... again, I don't know where they found (now) 2.5 million PPD basically overnight... but they did. Those are some rally skills worthy of a cold :beer:

What I'm going to call "Flight 2" of the CC, our race, is thankfully a bit more interesting. HWC is pulling another whoo-dun-it with their run so far... where the heck they managed to pull another 1 million PPD from is another one I can't answer. We have a small margin of a lead over them, but not much. Hopefully we'll see some of our bigadv work go in tomorrow. We did 1.75 million today but the HWC did 1.95 million. We need to widen the gap again and also keep those pesky MPC boys at bay.

More to come... stay tuned Chimps and Monkeys!!! Oh yeah, go talk some smack over at the HWC site :D http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/chimp_challenge/

Attachments

• CC2.png
    CC2.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 278
Hey! Look at me! I'm folding! Finally putting this i7 to some good use. Now if only I could get it working properly on my mobile system running Ubuntu 10.04 >_<

you got the 64bit version of ubuntu on there? The smp linux client requires it.
Then its just download, extract, and run/create launching script
fah6 -local -forceasm -smp # or pretty much any arguments you want to launch with
or you can use an init.d script (mine is for the arguments i launch fah6 with, feel free to change it)
Code:
#!/bin/sh

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/alt/fah

. /lib/lsb/init-functions

case "$1" in
  start)
    log_begin_msg "Starting F@H..."
    cd /alt/fah
    nice -n `cat priority 2> /dev/null || echo 0` ./fah6 -local -forcasm -advmethods -smp 4 > /dev/null 2>&1 &
    log_end_msg $?
  ;;
  stop)
    log_begin_msg "Stopping F@H..."
    killall fah6 > /dev/null 2>&1
    log_end_msg $?
  ;;
  *)
    log_success_msg "Usage: /etc/init.d/fah {start|stop}"
    exit 1
  ;;
esac

exit 0
then from shell you can just control it with /etc/init.d/fah start/stop

Last edited:
I don't know whats happened but as of the 6am update, were down to 6th place :shock:

Last edited:
Back