• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock on Foxconn A6VMX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pc mark vantage score overall : 4989 PCMarks so up with the clock, later on.

@QuietIce : HT Link (Cpu-Z) is : 1175 Mhz.

What does this mean? I'm just blindly following post number 2...

Re: Memory I found the memory clock, and found it was running at 200mhz, so I upped it. The actual speed now is : 783Mhz, and it's 800mhz rated RAM. Even though this was unclocked by accident, I would have had to start at such a low level anyway, wouldn't I?
Good - HT Link and RAM speeds look fine. :)

Have you got the RAM timings set manually ...?

The manual is very vague in some areas but from the brief description given I assumed RAM timings were under "Advanced Chipset Features/Northbridge Configuration". As noted, though, the manual is very vague in this area - they may not be there. :(

If not, I'd be curious what IS there ... ;)

Hi QuietIce,

The timings WERE there, I found them after changing a setting from AUTO to either DCT 0, DCT 1, or Both, however I don't know what these mean. Could you enlighten me?

Also I'm taking cooling more seriously, as I have installed an Arctic Cooling PWM (means the CPU controls the speed, though I've yet to find software that will even SHOW the speed, FOX One ignores it) case fan, the four pin kind. In addition I've bought some Arctic 5 Thermal Paste too and applied it.

My current overclock after having Crysis problems, which may or may not have been related, is 2473 Mhz (Fox One Reading), and temperature of CPU while using desktop apps (no games etc.) is 37 degrees C according to CoreTemp.

Then you found it! :):thup:

DCT0 and DCT1 refer to the RAM sticks. Since it's unusual to have different timings for each stick you should choose "Both". This will change the timings for both sticks of RAM to the settings you manually enter. For this purpose all you need to do it match up the Memory timings given in CPU-Z's SPD tab with the names used in the BIOS and enter the numbers. You're not trying to change the timings from stock (yet ;)) but this will prevent the BIOS from changing those timings as you change other system settings.
(If you're interested, details about specific RAM settings and what they do can be found in the Memory section.)

This is probably the most common error first-time OC'ers make. Any setting in BIOS that is on [Auto] is subject to change without notice by the BIOS. Since OC'ing is somewhat like a lab experiment it's best to only change one thing at a time. By making all these manual entries you're telling the BIOS not to change the settings instead of letting it run wild ... :)

Last edited:
Temperatures

Fox One is saying my temps are too high at 74C, meanwhile Core Temp reports 59C. But then it's warning temp is 90C. My processor, 9550 should only work at 70C. Will I be OK to keep it at 1.38V? I have speeds of 2691.8 Mhz.

Fox One is saying my temps are too high at 74C, meanwhile Core Temp reports 59C. But then it's warning temp is 90C. My processor, 9550 should only work at 70C. Will I be OK to keep it at 1.38V? I have speeds of 2691.8 Mhz.

Is the warning temp an adjustable setting in FoxOne? 90 C sounds like Intel safe temps limit.

Back