• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OVERCLOCK PHENOM II X4 965

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope this doesn't come across wrong but it probably will. I don't mean it to sound arrogant but I am amazed by the fact that many times I have asked Europeans on this forum about their ambient temps and I don't think any of them have been able to answer that question. Are thermometers not popular in Europe or is it just by chance that I have asked the question of the minority of Europeans who don't have them? I have one in nearly every room of my house and I don't think that's uncommon here in the states.

When you move those side panel fans over to the other edge of the side panel and make them intake or "push" fans by turning them around I would suggest putting the both in the lower right corner of the side panel if you can. That would come closest to simulating front panel intake fans.

Last edited:
i never needed to use thermometer before now!but i did not understand:the 2 side fans now are placed On the left side panel at bottom left where gpu and cpu are.so i should move em towards the hard disk on te bottom right on te same side panel that is to say the left one,correct?

Last edited:
Yes, that is what 'trents' is suggesting to try >> moving the fans on the side of the case toward the 'front' of the case. You say you have no way to put fan in the front section of the case and blowing into the case. Next best is on side, low, toward the front. For a test.

Yes, that is what 'trents' is suggesting to try >> moving the fans on the side of the case toward the 'front' of the case. You say you have no way to put fan in the front section of the case and blowing into the case. Next best is on side, low, toward the front. For a test.
ok will try
my tim is good? Arctic silver 5?

Last edited:
AS5 is okay and still recommended by many. There are some 'said' to be better now days, but it is all still pretty much what a person likes as long as it is not junk altogether.

no good got worse,55 degrees on prime on 3.4 ghz...

no good got worse,55 degrees on prime on 3.4 ghz...

heya reapplied paste and i earned 6 degrees.
Now after 20 minutes of prime95 at default clock and voltages, i have 49 degrees, instead of 55

Arctic Sliver 5 has a "cure" time. It's efficiency improves over (the manufacturer says) the first 200 hrs. of use. My experience is that I find about a two degree drop over the first 48 hrs. of continuous use and not any more after that.

Many people use wrong methods to apply TIM and therefore don't get good results. Kilyan, describe to us how you applied the AS5. Did you try to spread it with your finger or a straight edge or something? That is the wrong way. How much did you apply?

Arctic Sliver 5 has a "cure" time. It's efficiency improves over (the manufacturer says) the first 200 hrs. of use. My experience is that I find about a two degree drop over the first 48 hrs. of continuous use and not any more after that.

Many people use wrong methods to apply TIM and therefore don't get good results. Kilyan, describe to us how you applied the AS5. Did you try to spread it with your finger or a straight edge or something? That is the wrong way. How much did you apply?

First time i applied it seems was not enough, cause centre processor had not any left when today i separated the cpu from the cooler.
I read tons of tutorials, some say paste should be applied both on cpu and cooler and spread on them, others say paste should be applied like a little nugget on the processor and not spread,cause the pressure between processor and cooler,spreads it already in right way.
What i did this time is applying a little more and spread it with finger rolled in cellophane(transparent material used to conserve food), and i spread most equal possibly on all the cpu surface. will see how much this benefits will last for me
i did some tests of linx and intelburntest and was stable at 1.3750 core and 1125 nb both 3.4 and 3.8 ghz 49 degrees 3.4 ghz,51 on 3.8 ghz.
didn't do screens,will redo tests as soos as i can.
anyway which is right way to apply TIM?

Last edited:
Most of us when using a perfectly flat (No Exposed Heat Pipes), use a rice grain sized dab of AS5 in the center of the processor. A Lentil sized dab of AS5 in the center of the processor is also used.

Most of us do not use any other method. I use a dab in the center, only, myself.

Back