• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That oc was done LN2, not on air. With AMD, you have to change 1 variable at a time. Make notes, on what you've changed.

Thankyou Mr.Scott you hit it right on the nose.

OK seriously Random if you want help you really should listen to those helping you.
Check the last few posts. Slow down take it a bit at a time and test for 20 minutes if that's good then try to go faster. Sounds like this is the first time you have oc'd so do yourself a favour and read and follow the guide I linked you.
Post up another screenshot of 4.4 with P95 running and hwmonitor. I need to see what's going on or I can't help. Give us the CPUz shots again as well.
Ane please put up a signature listing your parts likeyou see under mypost.

sorry if I sounded like I am ignoring you.

I do listen to you but wanted to quickly get an idea where I stand in terms of OC.

re signature, will do that soon when I know what I have . it is constantly changing now so no point putting signature up.

it is not my first time ocing but first time on this system and wanted to brute force and get an idea of where it goes.

I have reduced the multiplier for ht and nb to what I see reasonable and want to see how much I can get out of my cpu.

re me posting picture, I can do that sure .
I thought me typing numbers it would be quicker

by the way when everyone here is saying msi is no good and can't take much ocing , how would you think they have achieved over 8ghz ?
the tdp should have been over 220w in for sure for the board rated at 125

Your signature can be edited at any time to reflect changes in parts. It's really nice to know what you are dealing with at the time. As for the 8Gig OC things work a lot differently at -180c.
Start with just the multiplier and go from there. Leave all the other busses on auto.

Any way I'm off to a BBQ so won't be around till tomorrow depending on how much I have.
Don't mean to come down on you but asking for help and then ignoring advice does try people's patience.

cool , apologies if anyone felt like I am ignoring them .

I don't and will play around with this.

have a nice BBQ . it is 11 pm now so no bbq for me:)

Edit: Guys, is it normal for me to see a voltage drop of almost 1? my bios is set to 1.45 but cpu z says it is 1.344
same goes with all other voltage ranges.

Last edited:
hi all,

I have run my prime for the past 6-7 hours on the setting I found stable as follow:

cpu multiplier :20.5(was 20)
fsb :213 (was 200)
cpu vcore :1.4405 ( was 1.3250)
cpu nb voltage :1.1641 ( was 1.1625)
ht multiplier (12)
nb multiplier(11)
dram ( 2133) which is now 2272 as a result of fsb increase
timing :13-13-13-37 which was 14-14-14-37

core temp:below 60
socket temp: below 60
board temp:below 60
power draw:400w ( have a measuring power tool)

I have two questions:
1. my vcore on cpu z is shown as 1.440 but when loaded with small fft it is 1.39, is in't that a big loss? my board doesn't have llc for voltage

2.at some point i had to do cmos clear and saw that the cpu voltage can be increases as high as 1.8 but shortly after that option disappeared and the max now is 1.4405, has anyone experienced this ? is this a bug?

Edit: I am using hardware monitor, core temp and speed fan.
just seen speed fan saying my temp 2 is 127 degree, googling around that is the nb, is that right ?

the system is stable so not sure if speed fan is showing false data .
the hwmonitor only has hwmonitor and that is all below 60

127 is not moving even when i stopped prime and blowed cold air into the case(fan tower)
everything else is good but speed fan is fixed on that temp so think it is false data

Last edited:
127c is likely a false reading, especially if it never changes. I get that effect commonly and I ignore it. Particularly if other temp readings seem to be within normal ranges.

127 is a false reading as trents mentioned... its just not possible.

As far as the vrdoop. Ideally that would be less that .06, but that isn't terrible either.

You should really create a signature so we can see your hardware. Through all your threads, I am not sure what you have anymore! :p

Back