• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockix 3.8 is up (now with boinc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
It still runs folding by default, but there're instructions included on how to run boinc from this bleeding edge Linux live CD. It's also installable and is a great base to use for starting a PXE-booted LTSP farm.

http://overclockix.octeams.com

Is that KDE 3.4? Why yes, it is. 2.6.11 kernel. Unionfs (makes the live environment completely editable (can install/remove software and such).

ocix3.8.jpg

It will be fixed this evening. Sorry for the early announcement. I found a major bug in the hardware detection script and had to fix it.

Okay so this uses torrent to download, what do I need to do here? I don't have anything loaded like this.

Edit: Found it, going slow though, upload is almost as fast as the download speed. Say's 1 day and 9 hours to go :bang head

Last edited:
Yeah, there don't seem to be many seeders for some reason... :(

Code:
Overclockix 3.8
(682.7 MB) 	1 	122 	0 	65.898 GiB 	2.41 MB/sec

Oh well... I see 45 clients with at least 90% done, so it shouldn't be long until more seeds appear.

EDIT: Yup, shortly after finishing my own d/l, seeders went above 60 :D
Code:
Overclockix 3.8
(682.7 MB) 	66 	57 	72 	71.568 GiB 	3.03 MB/sec

JigPu

Last edited:
I tried to download it last night and it never made it. Looks like it just timed out and gave up.

Back