• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800e deluxe northbridge cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here...Koolance system.

grandpadan-IM001622.JPG

about the mushkin ram, that is some good $h!t. i havnt done a volt mod, but even without it i got my ram to do 220. once i do the volt mod (ive been too lazy to do it) i'm hoping i can get the ram to do 240, so i can get my chip to 3.6ghz (ive gotten the chip to 3.6ghz stable, but i had to use 3:2).

nice GD. i wish i had the money to go with WC, but right now, my air cooling is on par with water cooling. i dont think it would make much of a difference.

Grandpa Dan said:
I've installed a 40mm fan bridged across the top of thr ram. It increased my fsb by about 10-12mhz with the same timings.

did you glue the fan to the heatspreaders or, how did you attach this?

also, that block on your NB looks percarious--- is that on there tight + secure? using those clips makes me nervous...............................:rolleyes:

do ALL i865/875 mobos use those clips? I just looked at the Abit IC7 and AI7 and they seem to have the clips as well :(

hmmmmmmm..... ok well at least I don't feel so bad now having bought the P4C800E:p

is there a master list of 'compatible' blocks that will work for WC setups using those clips? I read the stickies in the WC forum and did some searches but didn't find a definitive answer to that easily...

this post prolly belongs in the WC forum...:rolleyes:

Grandpa Dan said:
I used some clear double-sided tape for the fan and it's attached to the ram clips on the mobo blowing down.

Dangerden for w/c is the $h!t.

ok thanks... I am gonna peep at Dangerden and DTek they seem to be on top of their game....

as for the ram fan, you mean you taped it to the little white clips at the ends of the dimm sockets?? hmm interesting I will have to evaluate further..

hey its not all that bad. i dont think the NB gets toasty enough to need WCing. i think the swiftech air cooling solution is enough for most rigs.

yeah.. but mine is not hot to touch.. with my current rig, i think i should be fine without it :)

true well I have a swifty mcx159 on the way... we'll see if it helps...

it just seems a waste to have a fancy WC setup and not WC your NB for a few extra bucks... plus more tubes = looks cooler! heh:D

hahaha yeah yeah! works well though, so i dont really need to get expensive things... im confuse on with ram to get :)

i got a little 40mm sunon on there now with some of that radio shack double sided sticky roll...
seems to be working (sticks are coooooler ) but i still cant get above 279 fsb and stay prime stable..
banghead.gif

supposed to be getting 2 or 3 new m0 cores in the mail today so hopefully I'll be rockin by tonight:cool:

Back