• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800e deluxe northbridge cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sunon KD1204PKB1 40x40x20(mm) High Speed 7400RPM 3-pin Brushless Fan, OEM $5.99 <--- u mean this one? yeah i guess its better since its 3 pin too, jst gonna hook it up on my mobo :)

ok.. i'll get it, i like 3 pin better so i can jst plug it in my mobo :)

i'm sticking to one thread! but u answered on the other lol.. sorry

its not good to plug fans into the mobo. i suggest putting all the fans on the one psu line, meaning you will need Y splitters. that or get a fan controller. i like having a fan controller cuz all my fans at full speed is too loud.

While I agree for the most part on not connecting fans on the mb headers, I have the 92mm fan on my Zalman connected to the mb cpu fan header and the 40mm nb fan on the 3rd fan header. The wattage isn't as important as the amps the fan pulls (very little from a 40mm fan). Now I wouldn't plug 80mm or larger fans on the mb but I think the 40mm fan should be fine. It's been fine for me for about 4 months now <knock on wood> :p

-Bobby

very true bobby, a 40mm fan shouldnt hurt it, but once you get into case fans its just not worth it. i dont like to risk it at all and i have enough connections on my fan controller so i just use it. on channel 1 i have the cpu fan and NB fan, channel 2 has my 3 intakes, channel 3 has my exhaustes and 4 will have my PSU fans (antec true series lower the voltage on the fans so they run quiet, i want cool not quiet so im gona run the fan wires out with all the other fans and wire them to my fan controller.

but anyway, i got the fan so... hehehe guess will have to try and use it :) dang... shipping is almost as expensive as the unit :(

Bobby, how did u mount ur fan? glue gun? or screws?

Back