• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800e deluxe northbridge cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah D1s can be very good. they can all be good. I just learned this a couple of days ago that the rumor about M0 was mostly just about the lower voltages needed to OC. The top speed is really just luck as always-- M0s don't necessarily clock higher although that is still the common belief.

anyway I had ordered these last week so if none of them are any good I will ebay them and see if I can get some D1s to try.

I will need a 2nd job to afford all this monkeying around....or maybe I should just ditch the wife...
badidea.gif

lol, wife stays, this is just a hobby :) I'm using D1 Stepping 9, so they say its made in Costa Rica but i'm oc'ing well so i guess im lucky :)

ciku said:
lol, wife stays, this is just a hobby :) I'm using D1 Stepping 9, so they say its made in Costa Rica but i'm oc'ing well so i guess im lucky :)

they're made here in the USA, the malay or costa rica or whatever is where they're packaged.

I put an old 40mm fan that I pulled off an old Pentium 100mhz system.

NB_fan.jpg

I tried it out for a few weeks, then bought a new 40mm fan since the old fan didn't always spin up.

I've heard that most 865/875 boards that go upto and over 250mhz fsb should have some sort of active cooling on the NB. I noticed the hs was cool enough to hold my finger on after installing the fan. I used a hot glue gun ($5 anywhere) to secure it on the hs. When I took off the old fan, the glue was on there pretty good.

-Bobby

perfect, this is what I am gonna do.... I already had a hot glue gun I don't know why I didn't think of that... heh thanks Bobby

I just figured for those that aren't extreme would like a simple solution. I put some AS5 on the nb while I was at it. You don't need huge amounts of cooling for the NB. Just get some (any) airflow across the stock hs and you should be good.

Reminds me of hard drive cooling. You don't need those goofy hd heatsinks. I've always used a simple 80mm fan blowing over them and they stay very cool. I've only experienced a hd failure on a laptop.

-Bobby

using a glue gun? wont the hs melt it? ur fan might fall to ur video card... wont it? :)

not if the hs gets really hot. it would have to get up to and over 100F i would think, plus he said the hs is cool to the touch so he shouldnt need to worry.

I think the gluegun gets to about 180°F to melt the glue sticks. Once it melts and sets, it'll burn before it melts again. So even if the fan fails and the hs gets really hot, it'll stay stuck to the hs.

-Bobby

It really doesn't matter as long as you have the space for it. The thicker fans will push more air. I think mine's a 40mm x 20mm.

-Bobby

Wow, that first one sounds like a screamer. 8700rpm, 11.5cfm and 37db??? I'd go with the second one but that's just me :D

Check out some of THESE 40mm fans. The $7.99 and $5.99 both look good. Both are 27db and they push 10cfm and 9cfm respectively. Personally, I'd just go with the cheaper one.

-Bobby

Back