• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Deluxe Noob needs help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would defiently sell my ram and go with OCZ if my cpu was able to run stable at higher FSB speeds. Since it can't, even when you drop it down to 3:2, then I'm basicly stuck.

Question about what to Buy

Wow you guys look like you know whats going on so i will ask my question here. I am looking to build a new gaming rig. I am considering purchasing a 3.0C, an Asus P4P800-SE mobo, and Corsair PC4000 dual channel RAM: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85017-14

This setup is the reesult of my inital research and i was wondering if you guys could help me refine it a little. I would like to reacg 250 FSB with memory setting at 2.5-3-3-8.

1. Should I go with a 2.4C or 2.8C instead...does the higher FSB obtainable with these yield better overall performance than higher the CPU but lower FSB of a 3.0C (please elaborate or post benchmarks)
2. I see a lot of people not satisfied with Corsiar RAM so I am defiantely considering buying OCZ or Mushkin...anyone have a type they now works with this setup?
3. Just double-checking but this mobo does support locked AGP/PCI, right?
4. I want to know whether I can get a system like this (2.4C, 2.8C, or 3.0C) to run with the memory settings I want on this mobo or should i try an Abit board instead?

Thanks for the help guys and Clock On! :attn:

Back