• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p9x79 deluxe compitable with raid card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peugot

hey! so, i just found a raidcard i want(highpoint rocket 640L). but will this fit on my motherboard? i cant find any info about that...? in case it does, where should it be placed on my mobo? tnx

Yes, it will fit in one of the PCIe ports. It will not fill the full length of the slot though, so that's why you may be confused.

Any reason why you want that card? Do you have a budget?

Yes, it will fit in one of the PCIe ports. It will not fill the full length of the slot though, so that's why you may be confused.

Any reason why you want that card? Do you have a budget?

ahaa, thats why i couldn't figure out where it should be placed! well, it was the cheapest 4-port sata III card i could find, and it had positive comments... i just need a cheap 4-port card with sata III to make my exteral drives internal(i have used up the 8 ports on mobo... it did support JBOD, thats the thing im gonna use(all cards may support that..?)

Yeah, most cards will support JBOD.

Just wanted to make sure you were making an informed decision :).

I've got both the P9X79 Pro and standard P9X79 Asus boards. In the pro, I have a 3Ware 9690sa-8e (as in my sig) and in the vanilla, I have an LSI MegaRAID SATA/SAS 9260-8i, neither of which fill a full-length x16 slot, and both are working quite well.

Yeah, most cards will support JBOD.

Just wanted to make sure you were making an informed decision :).

I've got both the P9X79 Pro and standard P9X79 Asus boards. In the pro, I have a 3Ware 9690sa-8e (as in my sig) and in the vanilla, I have an LSI MegaRAID SATA/SAS 9260-8i, neither of which fill a full-length x16 slot, and both are working quite well.

that's good =) so it's a good choice price-vise, right? =)

Sure. $70 bucks or so for an extra 4 SATA III ports, and the benefit of RAID if you ever want it.

I just wouldn't expect great things in terms of speed.

Sure. $70 bucks or so for an extra 4 SATA III ports, and the benefit of RAID if you ever want it.

I just wouldn't expect great things in terms of speed.

rpeed is not really important for this one. its just gonna have some harddiscs for pictures etc + a dvd drive... so normal speed are just fine =) in my country these cost $120 hehe. it would work great for my purposes of just have som pics and movies etc+dvd drive?

im sorry to take this up again.... BUT i got a good deal for an "HighPoint Rocket 620 2P SATA III" and figured out that i can give away the 2 extra ports for that price.. how is the performance on this one? same, or worse? tnx for answers =)

lol, good stuff dude. Let us know how it works for you. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner!

lol, good stuff dude. Let us know how it works for you. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner!

nothing to be sorry for, i just checked if anyone had a reason not to buy it ;) of course, i'll report back as soon as i get it =)

so now i got it, and it seems to work fine, but the disc i put on it have same problems as the internal satas had.. but it connects and detects it at least, so need to put that to another disc and format it and then test speeds! it also it really small and did fit in a pcie2.0 x1 =)

Hey Peugot hows things in Norway, have you got rid of all that Snow yet? AJ.

so now i got it, and it seems to work fine, but the disc i put on it have same problems as the internal satas had.. but it connects and detects it at least, so need to put that to another disc and format it and then test speeds! it also it really small and did fit in a pcie2.0 x1 =)

Told you it would! :)

Glad to hear it's working dude. And yea, a lot of those cards are really tiny, like USB expanders almost.

Back