• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc not starting after ram upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vikassharma

I just installed new ram of 1600mhz in my pc but my pc not starting but cpu fan and gpu fun are running

My motherboard is : ecs g41t-m7 v1.1

Previously i were having 1333mhz ram but that was physically damaged by me so i bought this ram of 1600mhz

Please help me

That board doesn't support 1600 ram. See if you can lower the speed in BIOS and maybe it'll boot. Did you clear the CMOS before installing the ram. Most kits will default to 1333 so it should boot.

Clear the CMOS.
Also, note that 1600 speed ram is not officially supported by that board. You may have to manually down clock it.

EDIT- ninja'd by Shawn. lol

Easiest way is to take the battery out of the motherboard for 30 seconds or so. Put it back in and fire it up.

Is this the first time you are trying to start the computer after physically damaging the old ram?

Actually it's all started when i installed new cpu cooler around a week ago then i damaged the ram by putting in wrong way after that i went to local repair shop the guy checked and told me that ram is damaged then he checked with different ram and pc booted correctly then i came back home and just bought new ram today this 1600mhz corsair one

Back