• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC restarting - no BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PSU. Do you have a spare or borrowable PSU available to test the theory?

Sort of, my girlfriends PC is right next to mine but the problem is it's only a Corsair 430w with one PCI-E connector. So I wasn't sure if it was worth using, given my system specs - reckon it'll be alright? Somewhat relevant point but I'm in the UK and have Amazon Prime. They're amazing in the UK, if I buy a PSU from them and it turns out it isn't the issue they will refund me no questions asked so it seemed a viable route.

Btw, as I mentioned before - do you think it's dangerous for the power to cut out like this? I have a good surge protector from the wall, so it's nothing to do with fluctuations from there obviously. I just don't want any damage to the components obviously. Thanks for all your help btw.

If the power cuts off that's kind of the opposite of a surge, right? I don't think anything bad will happen to components but the OS may not like the hiccup depending on what program you're running. I've never had a hardware problem related to power cutting off excepting that it is usually a symptom of a bad part, which is what you're experiencing.

If the power cuts off that's kind of the opposite of a surge, right? I don't think anything bad will happen to components but the OS may not like the hiccup depending on what program you're running. I've never had a hardware problem related to power cutting off excepting that it is usually a symptom of a bad part, which is what you're experiencing.

Great, just wanted to check as I could really do with waiting until December to replace it, moving house and christmas is expensive! Thanks again for your help.

Back