• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Won't Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have you building the system outside the case like on a table top or something to eliminate ground out problems with the case? While you are waiting for the memory stick I would certainly try that.

Ok, new memory didn't help, also elevated the motherboard off the standoffs, that didn't help. Also unplugged monitor, peripherals, and wireless card. Still no luck.

I think i'm going to replace the motherboard and buy a new case also as a precaution.. think so ?

Yea it is annoying me really bad. I think when it comes in, im also going to use the new PSU I had bought to test things. Just incase the old PSU did have something to do with it. I think I must have gotten two bad motherboards, only things I can think of. Or the case or PSU or something ruined them both? I dunno

Ok got a new case and another motherboard same model again. PC is back up and running this time it fired right up. Using different PSU and only the most recently bought memory. I think the motherboard was bad a second time. So my thoughts are something kept frying my motherboard and hurting some of my memory?

Using this case https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153
Using this PSU now https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2F84BC9225
Also using just a single stick of DDR3 8GB
Also Decided to toss out the "fancy air cooler" and just use a stock intel cooler I had just to simply things this time.

Yea hope it holds up, don't see why it wouldn't but dang i've never had to go through all that. It is my plex setup so now im starting to think of ways to avoid this.

A bad PSU is about the only thing that can burn out multiple boards like that and if it is a quality unit it should have protections to prevent over volting. Now you have to figure out if the old PSU is bad. Might want to pick up a cheap budget motherboard for that purpose so that if it fries you haven't lost much.

Back