• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phase change at la casa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, very nice setup you have there. :)

yeah that's a good choice going with the CorsairXMS 3500. Many overclockers have good luck with these. Well known for tight timings at high FSBs too.

Last edited:
well guys have been very busy lately,

some issues that have pop up,

the mobo gave some errors so I send it back, will get it tomorrow, also will change box, got tire of it, so I will set everything on a lian-li pc75:D , can't wait, and

on a side note, the oem 1700+ are sucking really hard, I try two and they don't overclock much, so send get some 2500+ barton, I have notice that retail are doing better than oem,

oh well, take care guys and have a good one

Nice setup! Mines a mess compared to yours. We have to get together one day, I'll show you my methanol cooler -55f. We have to be located close by if your buying parts in paterson. My other hobby is bbq and drinken beer.

i love your stuff man. nice and clean and compact.

one question tho. i see alot of phase changers that use lucite/plexiglass/glass for a hold down plate type thing like in your 3rd pic on the first post. thing is, it looks like they never frost over like metal or rubber. why? is it a good insulate for this job? how can your line have a half inch of frost and nothing be on the plexiglass?

thx for any help.

laters.
t

well this week has been truely crazy:eek:

oh well, I hope everyone is still alive:D

Nice setup! Mines a mess compared to yours. We have to get together one day, I'll show you my methanol cooler -55f. We have to be located close by if your buying parts in paterson. My other hobby is bbq and drinken beer.

we should work on that, I like your other hobbys too

one question tho. i see alot of phase changers that use lucite/plexiglass/glass for a hold down plate type thing like in your 3rd pic on the first post. thing is, it looks like they never frost over like metal or rubber. why? is it a good insulate for this job? how can your line have a half inch of frost and nothing be on the plexiglass?

well to tell you the truth the only reason I shoose it was because I had some and needed something to hold the block down:D, also I notice that it get frost but it will acumulate water drops, so if you thinking on using it, the only reason to use it to hold, not to insulate;)

well guys I have some new pics:D

lian75.JPG

probeloco.JPG

well on the second pic, you can see that the temp probe can't go no low:D
After tweaking it a bit, it is below -60F, while running the comp:D

but I this temp the board is getting too cold, so I conclude that the foam I'm using its not up to the task, so I will have to order some online:( , waiting thats what I hate

on a side note, that lian-li really kick as*, I really like the space available,

well laterz and have a good one

hey man thats really nice! i like your gpu block alot. what design is it inside?
i see that its brazed, do you think it would be ok to silver solder the copper tubing and block?
im in the process right now of modifying my case so i can have a direct die, or maybe 2, in the same case for portability. the only problem i have is finding a small condensor. where did you get yours? they are nice.

laters.
t

hi there,

well the desing is a maze one, and its not braze together, its actually welded:D

well the condensor I got it from a guy at phase-change.com forums, but I bought the last two:(

on a side note,

do you have a spot, site, or know of any that sells high quallity foam, neoprene, I really need some thnx;)

why did you make a 3 part maze design?

dang they are nice condensors. how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking.

ive been thinking lately of finding a new type of insulation. the scientific/aviation/astronautical industry has stuff that is suited for WAY lower tems than what were using it for you know, im doing research for that. ill let you know tho.

what are the specs on your compressors? they are NICE!

laters.
t

hi there again,

well I choose 3 layers, because I had some time on my hand to kill:D and I wanted to get nice temps, keeping the liquid longer and to make sure I get very contant temps.

I pay 50 bucks for each, I justify the price, cause all the ones I found were too big, and was thinking on ordering the ones from rparts.com which were like 70 each and no fan, and less heat capacity, well feel good with them and haven't seen anyone with similar ones:)

keep me informed, later I will posted a pic of some insulation I'm testing out, today I ordered some more neoprene from a different spot, maybe they send me good quality ones... they said is type 3

well the compressors are around 25 lra, so thats like between 1/3-1/4, I like them because in this size they are very silent and I need to touch them to know that they are on:cool:

well keep me posted on the insulation, and have a good one

nunez1980 said:
well guys I have some new pics:D

lian75.JPG

probeloco.JPG

well on the second pic, you can see that the temp probe can't go no low:D
After tweaking it a bit, it is below -60F, while running the comp:D

but I this temp the board is getting too cold, so I conclude that the foam I'm using its not up to the task, so I will have to order some online:( , waiting thats what I hate

on a side note, that lian-li really kick as*, I really like the space available,

well laterz and have a good one

You have to watch when your down to -60. It starts cooling the board off away from your insulation and your board will start to sweat. Not a good thing. Happen to me.

johnnyw said:
is there any online guide for people who know nothing about phase change to learn how to make a DIY?

what does DIY mean?

You have to watch when your down to -60. It starts cooling the board off away from your insulation and your board will start to sweat. Not a good thing. Happen to me.

yeah thats the same problem I got, its there a work around, did you fix your issue, let me know, tnx:)

nunez1980 said:

what does DIY mean?

yeah thats the same problem I got, its there a work around, did you fix your issue, let me know, tnx:)

when it happened I almost lost my mb. It started flipping out, luckly I had another bios chip for it. My solution was to keep my ac turned up 24/7 till winter. I also turn the pump off and turn ball valves off coming out of my cooler. It was just to humid in my basement with the weather we have been having. I still say we have to get together

well got some pics of the finish product:D, enjoy

finish1.JPG

finish2.JPG

finish3.JPG

well will play with her some other time ;)

also had to lower the temps a little for condensation issues:(

Just got my system up and running. My chiller is only at -3.3f. But had to see your latest pics. Nice job! Temps droping quik -5 now. I'll talk to you soon
Tex4

hmmm....if your getting -41 from one and -37 from the other. and ones direct die and the other is a water chiller.....kind of seems smarter to do a waterchiller and cool a couple of things.
are the compressors of comparable size?

tgp said:
hmmm....if your getting -41 from one and -37 from the other. and ones direct die and the other is a water chiller.....kind of seems smarter to do a waterchiller and cool a couple of things.
are the compressors of comparable size?

they are both direct die;)

chillers and direct die, both have advantages and disadvantages,

I did direct die because it was more of a challenge and I have never done it before so it was a very fun experience:D

Back