• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phase change at la casa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Warlord2 said:
wow thats still a really sweat overclock on the radeon, what are you benching with 3dmark3 may I ask?

I haven't tested 3dmark3

tgp said:
what were you getting for one evap on the same compressor? what ive seen a dual evap almost cuts the single evap temp in half.
are you having any problems with your flex hoses getting brittle?
where do you get your temp meters from? those are nice. never seen a small non-scientific one go that low!

sweet dude, sweet.

well everything is working great, ordered some new cooper need to redesign my block, I got the meters from radio shack, well it goes to -50c, -60f

TLKfatman said:
to get better resalts from that set up u could take the liquid line and rap it around the suction line to supper cool it this would further cool the high pressure liquid after the condenser coil and heat the suction a little. Since your are in a vac u wont have this problem but it would also help to make sure there is no liquid coming to your compressor

thanks for the advice, will use it wisely:D

well guys I have been very busy with my school work, girls:D, and too much work:(

but I was able to finish my new block, using the little time left :cool:

newevaporator.JPG

with this out is much smaller, and I have found out that it gives good temps, also I have concluded that too much copper doesn't do jack, and by using smaller blocks you reduce the chance of cracking your core :(

well came around to finish my dual evaporator system, with everything in just one case, LANable:D

newsetup1.JPG

very nice man!
how did you make your block? hacksaw/drill? what pattern did you use on the inside? and wheres your cap tube outlet on the block?
what were your final temps on the dual evap setup?

nice work!

laters.
t

hey man what happend to your grey drier's you had on there before? why did you go back with the copper bulb type????

tgp said:
very nice man!
how did you make your block? hacksaw/drill? what pattern did you use on the inside? and wheres your cap tube outlet on the block?

nice work!

laters.
t

hi there, well I did my block with just a drill, maze type, my cap goes inside the return line,

tgp said:
hey man what happend to your grey drier's you had on there before? why did you go back with the copper bulb type????

well i didn't actually go back to copper bulb type, I started with grey driers, I change them because they were big, and a few people told me the copper bulb are better, and they are cheaper too:D

do you have any opinion on the driers, con/pro, let me know you sound like grey drier's are better?

laterz

nunez

lol lazlo same here...

thats wowza.. i mean i can barely fit my watercooling stuff in my case that is about that same size.. !!!

nunez,
hmm...who told you that? ive heard the exact opposite. the bulbs are less capacity, and for smaller units, i hear anything under 1/4 is acceptable for the bulb type, else its best to use the larger driers. id go back with the others, i think the look better too ;)

d00d O_O you fulfilled the common man's dream of making your own prommy!!! (phase changer self-contained astheticly in your tower) wowie-zowie-kapowie...and i was just about to give up... I keep teetering to the thought that "this is stupid excessive overkill" because I couldnt fit it inside my unit and it woulda taken an ugly outside box....but seing that someone actually did it....i'm goin for it man! thanx for liftin my spirits ^_^ heh!:burn:

well right now I'm just testing, using p4 2.4@3780 with 1.65 vots, I'm getting idle cpu -27c, gpu -26c, loaded -21c, gpu -24c, hopping to getting alitle higher:D

they are back, for some real action:)

can we get more pictures of the inside of that case? i still cant believe you fit that in there...

coming up

d00d O_O you fulfilled the common man's dream of making your own prommy!!! (phase changer self-contained astheticly in your tower) wowie-zowie-kapowie...and i was just about to give up... I keep teetering to the thought that "this is stupid excessive overkill" because I couldnt fit it inside my unit and it woulda taken an ugly outside box....but seing that someone actually did it....i'm goin for it man! thanx for liftin my spirits ^_^ heh!

thats the spirit, and don't forget if you ever have any ? just let me know

Is that copper welds I see in the GPU block. Looks good

yup

Back