• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PhenomX4 9750 OC and his problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is there a newer bios available for your motherboard?

I would also check your bios and make sure there isn't some thermal throttling feature enabled that can be adjusted so it doesn't kick in so easy. Look in something like PC Health.

I don't have any software that control my CPU.
I really don't know what can it be! :( anyway my BIOS
is the latest available, and there are some settings of it:

I expect that there is not much more can be done for that particular old model board with an Nvidia chipset. I cringe when users come into the forum wanting to overclock those older Nvidia boards. They are usually cheaper boards and have next to none of the full-on bios menus we are used to using for overclock adjustments.

1. Cool N Quiet might have its enabled/disabled reversed. On is off and Off is really on. You might try testing the On for Off.

2. Same for C1E support in that Off is ON. Might try reversing and testing, but I would not test it while testing Cool N Quiet. I lean toward a slim possibility that #1 above might be true.

3. I would download the AMD Cool N Quiet driver from Asus since there are posts on the web indicating that there maybe such a Utility that helps that board because there is possibility that if AMD Cool N Quite is enabled the cpu will hang with the lower cpu multipier. Did not sound so swell to me.

I expect in all seriousness that it is about time for that 560 Video card to find a newer platform for a home. But of course that is up to finances and other constraints.

I dunno how to use that software properly, my clock is stable, but not the stability.
After 1minute of P95 the PC it turned off itself!

Changed C1E, CnQ re-enabled, re-disabled not helped at my problem, don't know what to do :(

PhenomMsrTweaker v1.2 says that Cool N Quiet 'must be disabled' for it to work. Whatever is wrong with that mobo that makes it throttle when C N Q is disabled may not allow PhenomMsrTweaker to work.

What to do? Give yourself a platform update.

Looks like your PSU is a POS! :mad:

It can be the wrong vcore settings in the software?
Because before I used the program my system was stable
in OC with P95 (at least 2hr of test in blend mode).
The only problem is the multiplier that goes from 6 to 12 randomly!

What software? Do you mean PhenomMsrTweaker?

CloudHeaven, have you considered that it may be time for an upgrade in components? Both your PSU and your motherboard are inadequate for what you are trying to do. The PSU would be a simple and not terribly expensive upgrade but the problem is it would be hard to find a good DDR2-based motherboard to reuse the CPU since DDR2 motherboard are no longer being produced. Maybe its time to move up to Phenom II/DDR3 technology.

Last edited:
What software? Do you mean PhenomMsrTweaker?

CloudHeaven, have you considered that it may be time for an upgrade in components? Both your PSU and your motherboard are inadequate for what you are trying to do. The PSU would be a simple and not terribly expensive upgrade but the problem is it would be hard to find a good DDR2-based motherboard to reuse the CPU since DDR2 motherboard are no longer being produced. Maybe its time to move up to Phenom II/DDR3 technology.

+1 ^ FTW.

And don't get a cheap0 motherboard using the Nvidia chipset. Get a board with an AMD chipset. For a touch of future-proofing it would be advisable to get a mobo with an AMD 990 type chipset.

Okay, I just have to throw in junk my MoBo, PSU and CPU, anyway thanks for the help and suggestions!
We'll see next time!

Hmm, my board old board did this to me. It was also an Nvidia chipset board. I think it was determined that my board was rated for 125W CPUs and when I overclocked it with a CPU that was 125W stock, I made it cry and it would throttle me.

Your PSU may be a falsely labelled "600W" that can only handle 200W and possibly 4 2-amp diodes! :mad:

Last edited:
Back