• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Preordering Coffee Lake Even an Option?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bekrah

Does anyone know where I can preorder a i7-8700K as well as a Z370 Motherboard? I checked Amazon and Newegg to no avail. I would love to be able to get one as soon as they are released.

Thanks.

Haven't seen it yet and I also looked at both those places. You do realize don't you that Intel will first satisfy the needs of their OEM customers before they make CL available to retail channels. It may be a couple three weeks from the Oct. 5 debut before that happens.

Does anyone know where I can preorder a i7-8700K as well as a Z370 Motherboard? I checked Amazon and Newegg to no avail. I would love to be able to get one as soon as they are released.

Thanks.

While Coffeelake should be fun I don't think there's going to be a mad rush to get one so I'd just hit up your local retailers on 10/5

Judging from Ryzen's launch, I don't trust any retailers to pre-order anything. There's no way of knowing if you'll be allocated stock. I only managed to get Ryzen for day 2 by literally scouring online stores on the morning of launch for anyone explicitly saying "in stock". The pre-ordered stuff shipped late.

I might or might not repeat it for Coffee Lake. I can largely predict its performance but just need confirmation on some things which aren't time important. My logic goes, if I'm going to get one anyway, why wait? I can get away with just mobo and CPU, recycling other parts from existing builds to get going while I decide on longer term plan.

A sub $400 hex on mainstream... with Ryzen around? Id be looking to pre-order too. :)

Not understanding your comment. Why would a sub $400 hex from Intel be attractive vs. a sub $200 hex from AMD. The Ryzen 5 1600 sells for $189 to $199 at Microcenter all the time. I can't see an Intel hex being worth 2x the cost especially when the motherboards will be more expensive also. It certainly won't yield 2x in performance.

Its faster than the 7800X and costs the same or less. It also costs less to get into Z370 than it would X299 all things being equal (quad channel ram, + X299 board cost). There hasn't been a reason for many to upgrade their 25/2600K, 3770K, 4790K, etc. More cores and notably faster base clocks can change that. That said, I'd still pre-order if you want one day one. These will be gone quickly regardless of Ryzen.

Its faster than the 7800X and costs the same or less. It also costs less to get into Z370 than it would X299 all things being equal (quad channel ram, + X299 board cost). There hasn't been a reason for many to upgrade their 25/2600K, 3770K, 4790K, etc. More cores and notably faster base clocks can change that. That said, I'd still pre-order if you want one day one. These will be gone quickly regardless of Ryzen.

That’s the problem...
I have no idea where to preorder a 8th gen i7 or mobo.

No, its dual. Was trying to infer maxing the platform(s) out... but failed. Wordsmithing isnt my thing today.

Back