• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Grounds For Divorce

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dylskee said:
Looks awesome so far man!!:beer: I love that case, can't wait to see the H2O setup in that thing! By the way, you can keep the 7800GTX and you can just send that cheesy 8800GTX to my house. :D

Thanks and keep on dreaming :rolleyes:

Here are the pics of the anodized pieces. There are two more pieces but hopefully I'll get them later today.

I love how nicely professionals pack things

These things look awesome I'm very happy with the work

hear is a before and after pic of the internal components that i anodized and the parts i painted

before (The parts I painted are circled in red)

after

Avatar does rock!!!!! but.....um....ya....I only watch it because......ya....uuh my son likes it
and thanks your the first person to comment on my avatar avatar

Lol no problem. Are you an anime fan also? Avatar has some pretty heavy anime influence.

And just so I say something that's on-topic, that paintjob is looking great :D I hope I can do as good of a job when I refresh my case mod this spring.

NICE. I am really diggin that anodizing.

Whereabouts are you in MA? We should start a Silverstone MA club or something LOL. I'm gettin my TJ-06 in this Saturday (expected), and if it's anywhere near your TJ07, I am going to love it :D

SolidxSnake said:
NICE. I am really diggin that anodizing.

Whereabouts are you in MA? We should start a Silverstone MA club or something LOL. I'm gettin my TJ-06 in this Saturday (expected), and if it's anywhere near your TJ07, I am going to love it :D

I'm right outside Worcester. The Silverstone build quality is pretty awesome I'm sure you'll love it. :beer:

Chaos_Being said:
Lol no problem. Are you an anime fan also? Avatar has some pretty heavy anime influence.

And just so I say something that's on-topic, that paintjob is looking great :D I hope I can do as good of a job when I refresh my case mod this spring.

Not to much into anime but it's probably do to lack of experience. I'm sure if I started watching some I'd have another obsession I'd spend to much time and money on. But i really dig the whole story line of the avatar. and my son loves it so it's a great excuse. :D

Thanks about the paint job I'm hopefully going to get a whole lot of assembly done this weekend. :beer:

This is looking beautiful. I am getting the same case and look forward to seeing all you do. :clap:

Xiurca said:
This is looking beautiful. I am getting the same case and look forward to seeing all you do. :clap:

Thanks I can't wait to finish. I just got my 8800GTX today so just a bit more cutting and moding and i can get it all together. hopefully more pics this weekend :beer:

This is looking SWEET
cant belive i just found this log.

im acctually starting a project similar to this.
ordered my case the other week. its gonna be pauinted inside and out too !
i wish you the best of luck with this one bud !

Rick
R B Customs

Thanks R B customs.

one thing I wanted to mention to anyone reading this log DO NOT try to press out the threaded inserts pressed into the TJ07. I managed to get everything back together after the anodizing but if I did it again, powder Cote all the way. The anodizing is awesome but way to much stress putting everything back together worrying I ruined a $300 case. If it wasn't the fact I have a very large machine shop at my disposal I would have been *$#&!d.

Oh ya the extra hard drive cage I installed was made the same way as the case so I experimented on that and let me tell you its a good thing you can't see much of it.

I'm just working on routing and placement of the water cooling so as soon as I figure it out I'll have some more pics.

well I've got a whole bunch of stuff done this week so here are some pics

This is my 8800gtx with the EK water block

and my bracket for mounting the radiator. I also put some sticky felt on the bottom of the radiator

I've got the loop done and I'm just bleeding the air out of it here

Very nice work. Those custom barbs are sweet, and the anodizing and paint work look great.

Find a way to hide some more of that wiring, and you will have it licked. Very nice work.

:drool: Very nice job so far! Keep up the good work, and may your wife never figure out how much a 8800GTX costs. :)

Please please please high quality pic of the front of it. I want to see how the hdd cage looks in the light. I am trying to decide on a case to replace my p180. I require actively cooled hdd cage, internally mountable pa120.3(as opposed to my externally mounted bip3 on my p180, and a very clean appearing front...

Thanks a bunch... if you want I would love some of those high qual pics via email maybe??

[email protected]

Ya I Should finish up the project log. I'll post some nice pics of the whole setup. I haven't finished my project log because the night I finished up the build My best friend Died in a car accident and I just lost all the motivation and enthusiasm I had for the build and the log. but I will post pics tonight with some final comments on the build. thanks for the interest everyone :beer:

SCORPIONlt1 said:
Ya I Should finish up the project log. I'll post some nice pics of the whole setup. I haven't finished my project log because the night I finished up the build My best friend Died in a car accident and I just lost all the motivation and enthusiasm I had for the build and the log. but I will post pics tonight with some final comments on the build. thanks for the interest everyone :beer:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Excited to see how the whole thing pans out though!

Back