• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[ Project: Omerta ]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just got my HR-03 today and mounted a Arctic Cooling 92x25mm fan on there - HOLY CRAP! full load tops out at 48ºC, and it idles at around 35ºC - that UNHEARD OF for a x1900XTX with air cooling... much less silent air cooling at that

thermalright definitely hit the nail on the head with this! :attn:

but somewhat OT bad news... the HR-05 NB cooler I ordered won't fit on my P5WDG2-WS Pro because the Ultra-120 is blocking it :(, but I guess my old trusty NB-1C will have to suffice (although it does the job just fine)

but here's some pics:

omerta_01.jpg

omerta_02.jpg

omerta_03.jpg

omerta_04.jpg

omerta_05.jpg

AWESOME!

Simply amazing.
A question about that case, because it's really tight looking (i'm loving those buttons).

Is that big stripe down the middle removeable? Some wierd plastic thing I could get rid of and replace with some sweet carbon fiber? A non-anodized part of the case?

its a strip of aluminum inbedded in a groove cut in the case door

if you could hook me up with a CF strip for my case too, that would be freakin awesome!

and yeah, the buttons are SUPER CLEAN - someone said they looked like thermaltake, but IMO it doesnt look like TT in the least

Last edited:
thank you to whoever posted a link to silverpcs.com (in a different thread) - they had a black Lian Li PSU backplate to replace the silver one on my case, as well as black M3 thumbscrews, plus chrome Lian Li vented PCI cover plates which I had never seen before

ordered thoes, and will hopefully get my black aluminum LL wheels and 90º SATA cables too sometime this week :)

got the black aluminum Lian Li wheels in today:

mod1_01.JPG

mod1_02.JPG

mod1_03.JPG

mod1_04.JPG

and fixed up my hack job so it looks a little bit less ghetto:

mod1_05.JPG

Looking very very very nice.

I'm liking where this is going, and as you know it's influencing my projects. And hey, when I pick up my own version of this case we'll see what happens.

Can i get a top down pic, or a trace of where the little aluminum strip in the door goes? I want to see how carbon-fiberable (is that a word?) it is.

got it all put back together, with a little bit of wire management :) (stupid SATA cables are too long cause the shorter ones were OOS... it works though *shrug*)

mod1_11.jpg

mod1_07.jpg

mod1_08.jpg

mod1_09.jpg

mod1_10.jpg

Very solid, good work.

Any other mods coming up (besides our little secret project)?
I want to see this be less ghetto. Perhaps some acoustic padding?

more sound proofing is on the to-do list, and possibly handles for the case as well

and yea, the HR-03 on my x1900XTX is HUGE, but its surprisingly lightweight, and it cools like nothing else!

anyways, I got the vented PCI covers and black PSU bracket from silverpcs.com today

mod1_12.jpg

mod1_13.jpg

mod1_14.jpg

Excellent work! Looking great so far, nice job with the wire management, looking at one of your first pictures (the one with your computer running out of its case) made it look like that would've been impossible ;)

Great job, looking forward to seeing more :beer:

Femto said:
Excellent work! Looking great so far, nice job with the wire management, looking at one of your first pictures (the one with your computer running out of its case) made it look like that would've been impossible ;)

Great job, looking forward to seeing more :beer:

thats just my crappy wire management because I'm out of tie mounts at the moment - I hope to make it alot better once I get some more mounts

I'm still deciding whether or not to get a new PSU with shorter cables and physically shorter as well (I have my eye on the PC P&C Silencer 750w in black) because my Zippy is just ungodly massive and has 3ft long cables (no lie! they're a blessing in a cube, but in a Lian Li tower, they make wire management hell!)

The PCP&C 750 in black is a very nice unit, it is also a rather large PSU though (compared to my last one, lol). My PCP&C 750 is 7 inches long which is looking to make things interesting for my ideas with my computer so I may go with a cube case ;). The cables I would have to wait till I get home at like 10:30 or so central time tonight. I will definately update you though if your interested in knowing just how long they are :).

~jtjuska

natewildes said:
I miss your water cooling Sneaky :(
I miss the aesthetics of water a little bit, the performance compared to the air cooling I have right now though was nothing special... though I do feel kinda bad dropping a A GRAND on water cooling alone inside that cube, then going with air cooling in Omerta.... but *shrug*

the water will be revived eventually... for now I'm extremely happy with this setup

Back