• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

projekt kill a rad [first test complete :)]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
heres the design for my radiator stand :)

View attachment rad stand.bmp
plenty of room on the sides to attach instruments :D

i forgot to save the awesome paint drawing lol so i had to scan it in il post all the stuff from other random posts around the forum i made, probably not this evening trick or treat with the kiddos, and a date with my new receiver being delivered at my house, and probably lotr or transporter :p

will be bringing these into to the sheet metal shop soon once they slow down :)

materials used
*500w heater (to introduce heat into the system) (with the added thingamajig i have control between 100-520w being introduced in to the water system)
*200gph pacific hydrostar pump (beast)! (to pump? duh)
* 0-15 psi pressure gauge (to tell restrictions on rads/blocks)
*dual input digital thermometer (for measuring d/t)
* King Instrument Series Rotameter (measures water flow [still need to order a different one the one i currently have only measures upto 1gpm])
*P3 P4400 KILL-A-WATT to keep tabs on how many watts are going into the system

Last edited:
120.1 - 120.4 will probably just use 120-140mm adapters to mount up 140 rads so i can use the same fans for all those. the template area is a 120.4 template i printed off from aqua tuning

Id make it so you can hang another off the side(s) or something. Looking forward to seeing it!

me too! il go over to the shop after lunch time them guys are kinda cranky lol

Go early, take a box of dognuts, give them the drawings to the MM to the thread size needed. They can deal with that. They don't want to engineer stuff, you gotta have it all done and ready for them to make it.

lol just went and talked to them, he made some changes to make it look better so should be done in the next week or so since they are just doing it when they are not busy, i talked to the nicer of the guys who helped me cut up my pc case for my rad :D

lol they shop still hasnt started on it yet they been kinda busy, but i have everything else i need besides the stand so i should have an update in the next week or so, i think its goingto be made out of aluminum? i think, or steel, not sure, i do know its going to be painted flat white :) gotta love dat white :D

lol they shop still hasnt started on it yet they been kinda busy, but i have everything else i need besides the stand so i should have an update in the next week or so, i think its goingto be made out of aluminum? i think, or steel, not sure, i do know its going to be painted flat white :) gotta love dat white :D

yup! I'd throw some matte-black into the final finish as well. Alpine white + matte black = awesomeness

either way long as it is presentable, gotta make it look nice for the companies that are going to be sending me stuff to test on it :D it will have black tubing though ;)

welp, found a good deal on a new flow meter it goes 0-5gpm instead of 0-1gpm :smh: gonna have to wait till friday to order it, guess ima put this one in the classies doubt it will sell though. looking into some quick disconnects for easier mounting of rads without having to drain the whole system every time, but those things are expensive probably just going to do it the old school way, those look like they add quite a bit of restriction anyhow.

just a quick update, no news on how the testing rig is coming or if they have even started on it yet, i told them no hurry since im still very busy with the newborn :D but whenever its done il be ready to start doing work since baby Ahri is sleeping pretty well at night already at two and a half weeks lol.

good news :D our sheet metal shop guy came in and got me to let me know he started on my table and wanted me to just check off on a few things he wanted to change about it :) and i have everything else im going to need i do believe :)

p.s. im thinking of hooking my pump up to a 3 pin 12/5v switch thing that i devised for fans but i want to use it for the pump think a 3pin fan connector could handle 50w? it plugs directly to a molex

also i think im going to opt out on the flow meter i mean if the flow restriction from the rad has anything to do with anything it will show in the DT results, and it will show positive pressure on the gauge before rad if its that restrictive, specially with the beast of a pump.

i do believe im going to measure D/T and fan speeds i mean if something is causing it to perform under par under the same exact conditions then its a fault of the rad and therefor it should show in the results that it would be a lesser product or superior depending. if i notice an abnormal amount of back pressure between the pump and rad though i will note it but otherwise if it doesnt move the needle then phewey

Last edited:
awe dude, it looks pretty sweet :) its all clamped together right now about to be welded up il have a pic of it primed in a bit :D

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

Last edited:
she should get pained in the next week or so, dat flat white son :) then im pretty sure im ready to pump some heat and thrash some rads and log some statistical data :D :) now that baby Ahri is sleeping through the night already :D

Back