• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

projekt kill a rad [first test complete :)]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh **** you cant? :chair: shh dont tell DHS ;)

im very surprised she is 4 weeks old today

lol yea my first, noooooo! my sanity! lol jk wife gets up with her anyhow since shes still on leave :D

looks like cold weather all week no painting can be done yet :( ugh might go ahead and get everything mounted up before i paint i guess.

Congrats buddy, it's great to have a kid, it changes your life in many ways. You know now it really works and your a real man. They grow up fast. Enjoy it and do the best you can, they seem to turn out okay, mine did thank goodness, he's 24 now and in Guam..........When you have time (LOL) get er' painted, no rush.

4 Weeks is really that long ago now WOW that went fast, well all the best from us. Have great Xmas and special New Year. AJ.

just a quick update
oki well i think that im going to do my trial run this weekend now that everything has settled down :) i should have another set of fans for testing next week some 1900rpm deltas now and i think im going to use some yate low speeds for the lower rpm fans as they are pretty cheap :D

so now for the fan line up im going to use 3 different kinds of fans for each rad
3000rpm 38mm ultra kazes
1900rpm 25mm deltas
1200 rpm yates (probably 12v and 7v for ultra low speed tests should be around 600 rpm)

still too cold to paint so im just gonna run it in grey primer for now lol no biggie i like the industrial look anywho :p

oh yea and baby Ahri is still sleeping great :) probably until she starts teething.

Congrats on your little one. Its a great blessing.

Also, :pics: :rofl:

Can't wait to see more updated pics and welcome back. :p

updates coming soon :) lots of progress today

IMAG0264.jpg
the psi gauge shows the pressure between the pump and the radiator so we can have a base to compare restriction between radiators
IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg
the thermometer shows the delta T one probe in the res wich the water from the rad is going straight into and one in the middle of the bottom of the radiator where the fresh air is coming in.
IMAG0268.jpg
killa watt shows how many watts are being pushed into the loop, ontop of the 50w pump which im going to figure out how much of that goes into the loop.
IMAG0266.jpg

Last edited:
yes it turns my res into a torrent lol i have to keep it almost full else it churns up bubbles :p its alot louder than i thought it was going to be too lol its annoying.

ok so this is just a test run so im not cropping photos or anything just kinda winging it lol

fans scythe ultrakaze 3k (3000rpm)
restriction 2.2psi
Wattage | Delta-T | Ambient
125 | 3.7 | 19.5
200 | 4.9 | 18.9
300 | 6.8 | 19.8
400 | 9.2 | 20.9
500 | 10.9 |20.9

can anyone id this rad? lol

testsetup.jpg

setup2.jpg

2.2psi.jpg