• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PW_SW LED not on when system powered off?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Hi guys,

I just installed a new HDD and for some reason my power switch on the motherboard no longer lights up when the system is powered off.

It always lit up before unless of course I flipped the switch on the PSU off.

Any ideas? The system powers up fine with the case button and works just fine. It also powers up fine when I press the PW_SW which is in question. It simply just doesn't light up anymore when I power down.

Did I mess something up?

Thanks.

Is it possibly a setting in the BIOS you turned off?

Originally I had replied "no" because I never went into the BIOS before or after installing this new HDD but you were correct that it was a BIOS setting.

I apologize for creating this post and not being more educated about this stuff.

Upon some testing I can confirm that it's the ErP setting in BIOS which I had enabled a long time ago because I didn't want my mouse light to be on after shutdown.

I just didn't realize that it would result in the power switch from not lighting up and at the time I didn't notice this.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back