• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

regarding amd processors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

znyth

hi guys this is my first query in this site and i guess i would be well supported and adviced by all members of this communitythanx in advance
I OWN MID RANGE SYSTEM WHICH I RECENTLY ACUIRED 2 MONTHS AGO and the specifications are as below AMD FX 4100 (3.6GZH) quadcore MOBO- ASUS M5A78L-MLX RAM 2+2 GB 1333MHZ MONITOR LG led 23inch 1920*1080 and sapphire ATI RADEON 6450 2 GB graphic card.
please let me know with this config can i do gaming at what level and what should i do to overclock my processor and what are the advantages of o.c as im a begginner my questions might be bit ordinary and basic. please guide me through all these problems thank u

Most of your gaming performnace is going to rely on video card power. The 6450 is about a mid-powered card, but should run most games on medium settings. But not maxed video settings.

Overclocking the cpu will not play into the situation at first. I would run the games I planed to run and see how the system performs and then go from there.

Most of your gaming performnace is going to rely on video card power. The 6450 is about a mid-powered card, but should run most games on medium settings. But not maxed video settings.

Overclocking the cpu will not play into the situation at first. I would run the games I planed to run and see how the system performs and then go from there.

Also... as I understand this... many 'high-end' gamers are using multiple (maybe up to 4) high-def, large format monitors to enhance their gaming experience. While obviously it places large demands on the video card(s), i think CPU's also get stressed as there's so much more action on the screens now that need to have physics and whatnot calculated.

That's a very rarified strata of gaming action, but when people read what they to do to get maximum FPS (as though 125fps is really more noticeable than 100fps) everybody thinks you need a super-powerful processor even for a single 1080p screen.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but I don't think that card run games @ 1080p to be honest, AFAIK that card is a low-profile, fanless card.

Back