• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1) What? did you hear something?

2) Yea, I think it was coming from that guy in 2.

1) What's he sayin'?

2) Dunno, when we get closer he can repeat it.

Just letting you get "comfy";). I have to pass NUTN first.:burn:

I lost a little steam through the night last night. My 9550 had nothing but compute errors. I think it may be from oc'ing the video card for folding @ home and when I was playing call of duty it the computer froze and I had to do a hard reset. I dropped the oc down on the video card and left it go at that. I checked on everything this morning and I see a whole list of compute errors.

I dropped the oc back even more on the video card and I will have to see how it does throughout the day.

UPS did show up yesterday.:santa:
9550 is @ 3.7. I wasn't really liking the temps. when I get caught up I'll probably drop the clock back to 3.5 (= 10c cooler on my other one) Oh btw, this one went online about an hour ago.

Here kitty, kitty...

Hey Donut,
Congrats on getting her online. My suggestion is to run her at 3.77. Set all voltages to stock settings except for the vcore, set that to maybe 1.275 and maybe bump the vtt to 1.200. She should run find and be cool on the temps. I like that setting because the memory gets to run at full speed and it is almost a 1ghz oc and barely any voltage.

I got my 9550 fixed I believe, just now it is sitting on about 15 work units because of us loosing internet last night because of a wind storm.

Good news is my 6600 is up over 2100 rac alone.

I guess I will be taking a 4th row seat before long. It's alright though I will race Ol'bad for the 3rd spot again.

I've got it set to 1.28 in the BIOS to get 1.2 (cpu-z) under load. I haven't seen any problems with either 9550, I feel they both have more headroom. ([email protected], [email protected])

I just wanted to get a decent clock and crunching. (quickly) I'll tweak some more when I catch Baditude.

BTW, I'm less than 220 RAC behind you;)

I'm really not trying to be a post wh0re but has anyone else that recently installed boinc notice a change in it's benchmark figures?

When I was having problems yesterday and the day before with the compute errors on the 9550 I detached from the project and uninstalled boinc. I then downloaded a fresh copy of boinc and installed it. The benchmark numbers it gave were like 4,000 and 8,000 where with the boinc I had installed it benchmarked at 3,900 and 11,800. I don't know why it would have changed. Part of the install was a little different so I don't know if they made updates to boinc and didn't make any changes to the revision number or what.

I've got it set to 1.28 in the BIOS to get 1.2 (cpu-z) under load. I haven't seen any problems with either 9550, I feel they both have more headroom. ([email protected], [email protected])

I just wanted to get a decent clock and crunching. (quickly) I'll tweak some more when I catch Baditude.

BTW, I'm less than 220 RAC behind you;)

You will pass me in a hurry. Probably in the next 3 hours. The 9550 basically didn't do any production for the last 2 days except for maybe 3 good work units and it is sitting on about 15 new finished work units right now because of not being able to send them in.

I am hoping I will still be able to give Bad a run, at least enough to make him wanna spend more money LOL.

I got 11 computation errors last night. What the hell is up with that?

Also, my i7 rig didn't do any crunching during the day yesterday. My RAC dropped ~150 or so. Blah.

Imma try reinstalling Vista HB x64 and see if that helps. For some reason Windows 7 has decided to act up and not take a graphics driver. It appears now there are other problems too.

Last edited:
I have noticed with mine and windows 7 that if something goes wrong with something in the graphics department then it will mess with a whole lot of other stuff. I think rosetta is switching some of the work units and something was changed with the latest boinc.

I just like to see some sort of consistency so there is something to base stuff off of.

I may even switch mine over to linux again and run boinc from there and keep windows 7 for dual boot to play games. The linux client didn't have any problems for me and it would get better numbers per unit.

Congratulations to Leeroy for making the front page of the rosetta@home webpage as Predictor of the Day! :clap:

Feb 12, 2009
Predictor of the day: Congratulations to Leeroy (Team Overclockers.com) for predicting the lowest energy structure for workunit loopbuild_reference_native_cst_hombench_loopbuild_t332___5546_0 !

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

WTF! :attn:

Big kudos Leeroy!

I seem to be having "computation errors" on 1 of my 9550's. Not all the units, nothing I can put my finger on. I had a couple dump @3.7 and couple more @ default. I had a couple more with an e6300@default. My other machines have enough units in cache to not have hit the "errored" ones yet. All running XP.:confused::bang head I'm keeping an eye on the other rigs to see if I get problems on them also.

Congrats Leeroy!!!!!

I am definitely sure that rosetta is doing something with the work units, I just have no idea what is going on yet. Maybe I will take a cruise over to the rosetta forums and see if any one else is saying anything.

NICE JOB LEEROY!!!!! Yeeeehaw~!

And donut, I had errors on 11 of 20 work units that were completed overnight. That's an awful lot to just pop up out of the blue, without changing anything in my hardware or software.

Hmmmm. My memory is stable and I'm having computation errors. I'm inclined to agree with NUTN on this one, there's likely something fishy at Rosetta.

Same here w/ computation errors running the Mini 1.54 app's (Beta 5.98 app's are completing successfully), so I've reverted to running WCG again for the time being until the problem is fixed.

Back