• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For you two I agree. When I had popped in, I was wondering if something was hinky with the batch of units. In my case it turned out to be a memory error that memtest picked up (and rosetta) but prime didn't. I reset the memory per Kingston specs and so far (15 min.) it has gone beyond where it failed before.

if i ran memtest on me, I'd fail.

I am all for the project and i am all for running the machines 24/7. It is just disappointing to see their time wasted because it isn't good for the project and it isn't good for the team either. One can only hope that all of the other teams are experiencing the same difficulties.

I can't believe how picky the rosetta application is when it comes to oc, especially when a machine can run intel burn test for hours and prime for hours but give her a few rosettas and there will be errors LOL.

Hopefully things work out so we can return to the race.

I haven't noticed any extraordinary amount of errors here. Just the occasional 1 every few days, and I think that was from before when my clock didn't seem completely stable. Rigs are under debian and windows 7. User: Jackson

I haven't noticed any extraordinary amount of errors here. Just the occasional 1 every few days, and I think that was from before when my clock didn't seem completely stable. Rigs are under debian and windows 7. User: Jackson

Hey Jackson, good to see you here. Hope we hear from you more often.

Switched back to Vista HB x64 last night. No computation errors so far.

I still think it may have something to do with rosetta or it may just be coincidence or a fluke. All I did was uninstalled boinc and reinstalled boinc 6.4.5 x64 and it seems fine so far. I never had any problems on the 6600 but for some reason it likes to give me trouble on the 9550.

I am going to start experimenting with work unit target times now that the 6600 has pretty much peaked and see what the optimal work unit time is. I know the 1 hour setting is a waste, it only took about 5 hours to tell that. So far 2 hours seems like it may be alright. I am only going to experiment up to 5 hours a wu.

NUTN, the times don't seem to affect the points, at least not worth mentioning. As I understand it, you're crunching the same units, just producing more decoys (results)

I usually set my time higher to ease up on the bandwidth used. (here and the Rosetta servers) Once I'm positive my rigs are behaving, I'll be going back to a 6hr runtime.

Oh BTW if your going longer with the runtime, allow your WU cache to deplete some, I use "no new tasks" for about 12 hrs. You can get caught with WU's that won't make the deadline.

Check out this, it kind of gives the pros/cons.
http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=4489#56932

Boy, I'm tellin' ya..

Give him a head start, now he wants the finish line closer. shakes head, I just dunno...hee,hee

:sn::sn::D

You'll beat me to 6000, but as it stands I'm only about 510 behind you. I hope NUTN grabbed that rope I was dragging behind me.

I'm still climbing, and I also got my bonus today. Hello X4 rig - Googbye Donuts. Muhhaha, muhahha, Mauuauhahaha!!!!

Well, maybe that can wait until I put a little money into my house and vehicle for a change. I've got most of the parts sitting here though, don't push me.

Last edited:
I've done all I plan on doing, and then some. All I wanted to do is replace 1 antique cruncher, ended up doing 2 (not by choice) Once it warms up and the snow is gone I'll be back patching up the house and my old truck.

Congrats on 7th!

Keep an eye toward 6th, I don't know what happened to Leeroy.

Yea I've gotta get my Q9550 up to 4+ GHz, right now its sitting @ 3.4 :( I might have a i7 folding here pretty soon too if I can find a hookup on a decent mobo.

Back