• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NUTNDUN, Windows smp folding is slower than linux folding that's why we tend to setup VM's. GPU folding is the best to get more points in f@h. Maybe it would be better that way, GPU fold for f@h ang cpu folding for r@h..

Hi Pixie, good to hear from you.

And yea, our RAC is going to drop a bit regardless, as a few more of us have decided to do the same thing.
At the end of the month though, all of my folding power returns to Rosetta.

Hey Guys an Update still havent got M/B RMA fron Asus YET ???
and I found another Problem was the on-board Ethernet Nic on one of my PC's Went Ka-Put so going down the street to get Ethernet Nic Card ,, Dam OB-Nics.

The Wife been doing allot of work on her PC, so R@H has only been on during break times or when we Sleep times,
Still refuses to Run Properly on My other rig, I have a feeling that Kapersky is somewhat interfering with it even though is configured not to scan any of R@H or F@H files,
So its comming off today, Avast doesnt interfere with the other Rigs got F@H on, so puuting this on this rig too

Good to see you Swag. Welcome back.
KIS 2009 has no conflicts with Rosetta. It's running on both my machines.

Oooh, look at that! Shivas has bumped it up a notch. Now the top 5 all have 5000 or more RAC. Sweet!

Congrats on the great job guys, especially with our helping out with the f@h crew.

Speaking of which has anyone decided how long we are going to pitch in over there? I will always run the gpu client but I will eventually bring the 9550 back to rosetta. Right now it is running two vm's and the gpu client. I think it is the most I have ever seen it loaded down LOL.

I'm going to have some production over there through the "March Madness" contest. I'm currently folding 2 quads and my antique dually SMP.

You guys might know, seeing as there are some of you running both projects. Question, I've got an ATI 4850 in my main along with the [email protected], what would be better. Single SMP or GPU? I'm not interested in setting up VM's. Can I run SMP and GPU and somehow let the SMP only get 3 cores? (From what I've been reading the ATI cards require 1 core to keep them fed.) or can Rosetta be set up to only use 3 cores "locally", I don't want to hamstring my other rigs by using the web bases preferences and having all of them run on 3 cores.

On another note, I'm still down 1 rig. I ended up sending one 9550 back to where I bought it, I couldn't get it to run stable @Default in 2 different boards. That's the first time I've had a chip not want to co-operate.

You can set the number of cores to use for boinc also by creating a cc_config.xml file in the boinc data directory and I will have to post the little snippet later today. I would set boinc for three cores and run the systray gpu client on the gpu.

Thanks a bunch.
IIRC during last years "March Madness" I had 1 quad running 2 SMP clients (in Windows w/affinity changer). Unfortunately alot has changed, ie, can't run SMP under W2K anymore. I try reading all the stickies and config set-up's and all I get is a headache.

NUTN, I would really appreciate that.

Here donuts as promised,

Create an new file in the boinc data directory called cc_config.xml and put this in it:

<cc_config>
<options>
<ncpus>3</ncpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

With me running windows 7 I had to copy and paste an already made xml file and rename and edit it to get it to recognize it as a xml file. Once you get the file in place exit boinc and restart it and it should only be working on three tasks. I think it will be your best bet to run 3 cores on rosetta/boinc and then use one core for the gpu. You should keep an eye on the cpu load of the last core for the gpu because if it isn't under much load then you could either put it back under boinc of run a uniprocessor instance of f@h on it also.

I am probably keeping the 6600 on rosetta just because it is easier since the wife uses that pc and I don't have to worry about anything. All of my work pc's are doing rosetta because f@h won't connect through the firewall but boinc will. It is just my 9550 for the time being now is doing only f@h, which hopefully I can add another gpu to the mix and put it on the wife's or run a second one on mine. I should be doing about 10k ppd for f@h and my rosetta will prolly drop to 3k.

ahhhh hah..... so this is where i am supposed to post! got it. :) i also want to announce my new rig... which has yet to be revealed... photos to come!!! you can see what it includes by my signature. A huge thank you goes out to Baditude for building this "little" beauty for me!!!

Last edited:
Hehe, yeah, it IS a beauty if I don't say so myself! Just got done flashing the BIOS and tweaking the RAM.

Check it out, another quad for the team!

Already loaded up with BOINC and ready for a crunch test tonight.

:bday:And everyone make sure to wish Raven a happy birthday week! Feb 18th!!!!:bday:

:beer:

Last edited:
KR, you can post wherever you like (after all it is your birthday week). Nice setup!

On a side note, to Swagman and NUTN, My GPU F@H wasn't stable, I was getting decent points, but constantly "hanging" or triggering the VPU recovery. (ATI 4850). I think I'm going to attempt the VM thing on my q6600 and get my 9550 back on Rosetta. The AMD is going back into "semi-retirement" running full bore on SMP it's only good for about 6-700 ppd. Thank's guys for the set-up help, if funds free up I'll be looking into a better GPU and possibly try it again.

Last edited:
Back